Go vote for Diablo II!
I could have sworn I already posted this, but I didn't get a warning or anything so I'm going to post/repost it..

Today is GameSpy's election for the best RPG of all time. Go to http://archive.gamespy.com/titlefight/matc...ches/0306.shtml and vote for Diablo II!! :D
*SIGH*

I grow weary of telling you this - STOP SPAMMING. READ THE FORUM RULES. DO NOT DOUBLE POST. DO NOT TRIPLE POST. DO NOT QUADRUPLE-POST. Must I continue?
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
You need to get a life, I posted this in the three most popular forums on the board so it will get attention from people visiting those forums. Whats your major malfunction, you afraid Diablo II is going to beat Starcraft?? ROFL

I've been on this board and most of the other D2 boards for like 5+ years now, and I certainly know the rules, and I believe this one time event should be an allowable exception to the rule of double posting. If I knew any of the mods on the board personally I would ask them to cross thread the post, but I don't so I can't.
..and another thing, you sir don't have the right to tell anyone anything on this board, if it chaps your butt that bad, report it to a mod.
Crogon,Mar 24 2004, 09:04 PM Wrote:..and another thing, you sir don't have the right to tell anyone anything on this board, if it chaps your butt that bad, report it to a mod.
You may think this topic is of such earth shattering importance that it must be trumpeted far and wide. However, most of us actually look at all the sub-forums here, so posting in all of them is an annoyance at best.

This community polices itself, to a large extent, unlike most other forums. Dozer was telling you clearly and politely that you had crossed the line.

Now I am telling you too. In particular, your re-post of the topic was out of line. You really do only need to tell us once about something of interest. If you do not like the way things are here, there are, as you observed, many other Diablo sites to visit.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

I've been on this board and most of the other D2 boards for like 5+ years now, and I certainly know the rules, and I believe this one time event should be an allowable exception to the rule of double posting.

It's more like triple posting. Anyways, maybe you've read the rules, but you obviously don't give a damn about them.

..and another thing, you sir don't have the right to tell anyone anything on this board, if it chaps your butt that bad, report it to a mod.

We have the right to complain about you breaking the forum rules and acting like a jerk. Either learn respect or leave.
[Image: lukesnewlightsaber.jpg]

An elegant weapon for a more civilized time. For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire.
...and you posted this topic a total of SIX times.
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Crogon,Mar 24 2004, 09:02 PM Wrote:You need to get a life.
Why is it that the phrase "you need to get a life" is the first suggestion to fall out of people's mouth when this kind of thing happens?

Crogon,Mar 24 2004, 09:02 PM Wrote:and I certainly know the rules 

Obviously not as has already been abundantly pointed out.

Crogon,Mar 24 2004, 09:02 PM Wrote:and I believe this one time event should be an allowable exception to the rule of double posting.

Wanna bet? :D ;)

Crogon,Mar 24 2004, 09:02 PM Wrote:If I knew any of the mods on the board personally I would ask them to cross thread the post, but I don't so I can't.

You could have emailed them to ask for assistance in getting the information out there. A newspost on the main page....stickied thread in the those places to point to this one, etc.

Dozer and others have pointed out that what you have done goes against the acceptable rules of this group. If you've truly been around for five plus years you may wish to start addressing the topic rather than attacking the posters. Just a little FYI for you. :)
FYI I've posted and apologized in the original post in the lounge. As I said, if Dozer hadn't been so harsh on me to start with, I wouldn't have reacted (and it was a reaction) the way I did.