Funny (or not so funny) bugs
Just thought we could sahre a bit what we have found.

Someone might have recalled the "teleport" bug were I managed to get myself teleported from Dun Morogh to Westfall. Well, now it has happened again and I understand it better. I was doing part of the warrior quests at Teldrassil, one have to go to get some or at Darkshore. To get there, one take the Hippogryphs across the sea to the continent so to speak. Dive into the water and get crates from the bottom and even fight a "ghost". Anyway, part of the surroundings of this lighthouse isldand were all this take places is NOT the area of darkshore, it is the Veil Sea (or whatever it is called). I died while there and got back as ghost, not in Darkshore but in the small beach at Teldrassil (recalling when it happened in Dun Morogh, I actually turned to the area Veil Sea as well while close to the shores).

The problem is, while a ghose, you can't take rides. I can't activate the teleporter that takes me back into the town or area main area of Teldrasil. And there is no healer or stone for getting corpse back as in most other places when you resurrect (turn into a ghost). So I actually had to SWIM all across the sea. No problem but quite tedious. And out there, the sea seems bottomless by the way.

Interesting enough, when I was about half way across, I got a fatigue bar going. When it hit 0, nothing happened, but I suppose I should have died (if I was not allready a ghost). Even saw a corpse at that location in the middile of the sea, probably someone that tried to swim across when NOT a ghost :)

Well that was it.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
I'm actually surprised that i haven't been hearing about more bugs from this game, espicially considering how many bugs D2 had, still has, and will always have.

Anyway, about the swimming. I know that species specific traits aren't in yet, so the "infinite underwater breathing" that undead are rumored to have simply doesn't exist. But, are the oxygen and stamina bar's seperate things when swimming?

likewise, so it IS possible to cross the ocean? theres nothing blocking your way? interesting...

can you cast buff's in the water? cause i know shamans have a little "infinite breathing for X period" spell....
As soon as you dive down, your breathing bar starts to go down. I have done one quest were I had to pick up stuff on the bottom, and even fight there. When you swim for a LONG time (at srface even), you get a bar for tireness (or whatever it says) so you won't get THAT far. However, as ghost, you can swim as far as you want. Seems if you try swiming between the continetns, you lliterally fall of the world (ask bolty). They are really two different places and when you travel between them by boat (teleporting in beta), the game loads as when you enter world. No idea what "buffs" are, but basically, you can do anything under water (never tried or seen spells though but probably).
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
buffs = spells that make you stronger, you konw, would be things like BO, enchant, aura's, etc. in diablo.

Shaman's have a buff that apparently gives you infinite breathing for a short amount of time. So i was thinking that with a shaman casting the infinite breathing spell, and them some way to restore stamina, then it might be possible to keep on swimming all the way across.

Likewise, is the "edge" supposed to be that "Maelstorm" thing i see on maps all the time?
Well, my warrior which has gone the path of herbalisim and alchemy now can make potions that let me breath 30 minutes (I think) under water. So yes, there will probably be many options for diving for longer dirations of time, and ther ARE quests that take place below water fighting all sort of monsters.