Lurker Guild
A Lurker guild has been founded. Give me a message in game, I'm character name "Bolty." This will make chatting easy as we play. I will promote all Lurkers to officers - AFAIK this allows any Lurkers to add a member.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Hi

Great move, what is the Name of the Guild :rolleyes:

I can see it now...>1000 Bolty Lurkers on the same server, a force of Experienced Diablo players take control of the WoW Server :P

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
It is called Lurking Loungers :)

By the way, my main character is now the "Jarulf" one. I have halted playing with "Zporl" for now (both are in the guild though). Just incase anyone want to find me in game.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Shouldn't you guys be the Lounging Lurkers?

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
gekko,Mar 27 2004, 08:29 PM Wrote:Shouldn't you guys be the Lounging Lurkers?
Good point.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Do we need a Lurker Lounge guild graphic now? If so, I volunteer my services.
Just wanted to mention, because this came up while in-game, that an easy way to checkout who's online from the guild at any given moment is to:

1. Open the social window (default 'O' key)
2. Select the "Who" tab
3. Enter "Lounging Lurkers" in the edit box above the "Refresh" button.
4. Hit "Refresh"

All the online Lurkers will be shown in the window, and you can sort by location, level, and some other things. Everytime you want to check who's online, be sure to hit "Refresh", otherwise you'll be looking at old data. The good thing about this window is that it remebers the filter criteria in the window, so you don't have to keep re-filtering and re-sorting.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
Bolty,Mar 27 2004, 03:28 PM Wrote:A Lurker guild has been founded.  Give me a message in game, I'm character name "Bolty."  This will make chatting easy as we play.  I will promote all Lurkers to officers - AFAIK this allows any Lurkers to add a member.

-Bolty
I think we should start posting our various character names so we can match them to our accounts.

I'll start:
  • DeeBye - Night Elf Warrior
    <>
  • Gharghh - Dwarf Paladin<>
    [st]
Well, I'll go next...

SaxyDoo - Night Elf Warrior
I put mine into my signiture since it will be easier to update later. Currently only the second character is in the guild due to the other not having been played while other Lurkers are online.
Only one of mine is in the guild thus far...

RedKaren - human warrior, lvl 10 (in)
Boopsie - gnome warlock, lvl 8 (not in)
Dangerosa - night elf rogue, lvl 14 (not in)
Terric - human paladin, lvl 4 (not in)

I think I'll disband Dangerosa's guild, which I created for the heck of it, and try to have her join up.
Of course, your mileage may vary.
My character so far is:
Ackland - Level 13 Paladin

Been away for a few days... Real Life ™ caught up with me. Can't dodge work to play WoW no mo'...
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
I added the characters primary trade skill efforts to character listing in signiture in case someone is looking for some of the odd services. For example Arktorn could supply armor patches to some if the would like them or some of the prepared dishes. It would probably help to try to supply some of the basic ingredients if practical.

Some example would be
leather patches for armor requires some leather
cooking:
Boiled Clams {50}(528/24) (min 5) requires 1 Clam Meat, 1 Refreshing Spring Water
Coyote Steak {50}(528/24) (min 5) requires 1 Coyote Meat
Goretusk Liver Pie {50}(528/24) (min 5) requires 1 Goretusk Liver, 1 Mild Spices
*Cooked Crab Claw {85}(360h&m/30) (min 5) requires 1 Crawler Claw, 1 Mild Spices (* Arkthorn is not quite to point of making this yet). And yes that is both a hitpoint and mana recovery together on this one.
More can be available with higher skill levels.
Smithing:
Stones for improving weapon damage for a period of time (~30 minutes on the ones that Kormak can do so far).
Some of the armors may be better than what is readily available at some points in the game but I have not persued this very far yet.
Assuming that WoW officially becomes a LL game will the guild continue to exist once the game goes retail?
CowInvader,Apr 8 2004, 03:15 AM Wrote:Assuming that WoW officially becomes a LL game will the guild continue to exist once the game goes retail?
Time will tell my friend, only time.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
CowInvader,Apr 7 2004, 08:15 PM Wrote:Assuming that WoW officially becomes a LL game will the guild continue to exist once the game goes retail?
Not in its current form. I don't want to run a WoW guild - that honor could/shall belong to someone else! For the beta I'm happy to manage the memberlist, but not when the game is final.

-Bolty
Already shirking your duties, eh Bolty? :P

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"