Upgrading items
By what amount is the level requirement increased when upgrading the base item of a rare (and while im asking unique) item using the horadric cube recipe?
The level requirement for uniques and rares can be expressed as:

max(base_item_req, unique_or_rare_req, socket_req) + req_adder

Where:
base_item_req is the requirement of the base item.
unique_or_rare_req is the requirement for the unique, or, in the case of rares, the max of the requirement of the affixes.
socket_req is the max of the requirements of the socket-fillers.
req_adder is initially 0, but is incremented by 5 for a normal -> exceptional upgrade and by 7 for an exceptional -> elite upgrade.

Alternately, you can just use my upgrade calculators (link in sig) to find out what the requirements of any item will be.
Hi

I used your calc (thanks BTW) and it seems that the dex requirements for a v. 1.10 Kuko Shakaku rise from 49 to 188. That is if I used the calc the right way :unsure:

It would mean that I have to reassess my pointplacement <_<

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
That is, indeed, correct. There aren't any special calculations with the strength/dex requirements. It'll just use the requirements of the new item, modified by whatever -% requirements it has, then reduced by 10 if it's ethereal. Kuko Shakaku doesn't have any -% requirements and it can't be ethereal, so the requirements of an upgraded one would simply be the requirements of a shadow bow: 188 dex, 52 strength.
Thank you
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”