HELP! New member here with a quick question
Hello everyone. I have a question that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I just purchased D II and the expansion set. What a great game. I played it on a friends computer while deployed overseas in the Navy and saved my character. Tonight I placed it in my computer to continue with the saga and I'm not getting any experience points. DOn't understand it. I even went to Act V where I left off and it will let me kill all I want but I don't get rewarded with EP's. Any suggestions and/or quidelines would be mucho appreciated. Thanks :)
Hi

Welcome to the lounge. I'm kind of new here too. Did you copy your character from your friends computer? If yes then check in your save folder if the files have turned in READ-ONLY. If you haven't changed the path then by default the SAVE folder should be: program files - DiabloII - save.

I had the same problem when i had to format my computer. I copied my character in a cd and when i installed DII and placed them back all the character files became read-only.

Hope I have helped
Iceman
AKA Coldheart at the Basin.<!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->
Cool, thanks Iceman. I just checked and they were indeed read only. I changed that and will try this afternoon after school to see if it worked.
You are welcome. It will work, it worked for me. The first time that this happened to me it took me about three hours to figure it out. I was so ungry and frustrated, that all my characters couldn't gain xp or lost the xp that they were gaining when I exit the game, i almost reached the point of uninstalling it permantly.

Have fun
Iceman
AKA Coldheart at the Basin.<!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->