Assassin's Weapon Block Skill
Is it true in 1.10 that the assassin's skill Weapon Block can block attacks that you can't block with a shield, including supposedly "unblockable" attacks? I should just do my own testing on this, but I don't want to wait until the husband is done with work so he can help me test. I did a search in the workshop here and didn't find anything, but if anyone knows of a thread that discusses this, I'd be glad for a point in the right direction. :)
Intolerant monkey.
Not sure if this is the right direction, but here you go:

Assassin Weapon Block Info

G'luck :)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Thanks, but I don't read DII.net anymore so I don't know who Naliworld is so I don't know whether or not I trust that bit. I've seen too much "not-quite-correct" info from some of their guides in the past so I'm a bit leery of it. I trust some of the people here much more. Crystallion, Adeyke, Ruvanal, other code divers? (Sorry if I mangled any of your names) .

Edit: And yes, that was actually what I was looking for, but I'd still like some confirmation/corroboration for that info. I've had too much science lab experience to go crying "working cold fusion!" at every little new thing that pops up. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:I've seen too much "not-quite-correct" info from some of their guides in the past so I'm a bit leery of it.

While there is certainly alot of truth in that statement, I think the the list Naliworld suplies is pretty much correct. I've run assassins in 1.10 with weapon block, and yes it does block several attacks that are not blockable by sheild blocking.

I think that there is currently no definitive list of such attacks, but I didn't notice any mistakes on the linked one.
As far as I know the list is accurate. Of course, I contributed to it so my knowledge may be suspect. :huh:

I can't vouch for the PvP effects, but almost all of the PvM I've had direct experience with. I've been playing nothing but dual-claw Assassins since 1.1 came out. Weapon Block = The Coolest. :ph34r: