April Fool's?
Quiver in fear from the uncoordinated Two-Headed Ogre.

If true, then the timing couldn't be worse. We all know about Blizzard and it's timing with such April Fool's jokes, as well as the times they've actually followed through *Cough*Cowsandpandas*Cough*

And, if true, I don't really see how well it could work. Nice idea, in theory.

Oh, and this'd be a poll if I had been allowed to post one.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
My god that's so funny. The screenshots man, THE SCREENSHOTS!! :lol:

I want to be one of these. Really. The schizophrenic factor feels strong in the force :lol:
No Truth ;)
Definitely April Fool's, if you could choose the player you're matched with then the odds of this being true wouldn't be so slim but it's totally random.

In short, it's too whacky to be true
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
.. obviously a joke, but still insanely funny. :)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
TaiDaishar,Apr 1 2004, 01:03 PM Wrote:Definitely April Fool's, if you could choose the player you're matched with then the odds of this being true wouldn't be so slim but it's totally random.

In short, it's too whacky to be true
You never know...

It might just be that they'll decide "Hey, enough(5% of the population) players want this, what can we do to tweak it better?"

But I wouldn't recommend it for anyone except siblings who are fairly close in age(twins to no more than maybe 5 years' difference) As it stands, I find myself bossing my brother(1 year younger than me) around a lot more when we're in the same Gunbound game...
I will wager that it won't be a race, but they will incorporate the model into some area as an NPC and have the two heads doing some Abbott and Costello style comedy...
My brother and I could do that. Sure, we don't get along all the time, but we generally have similar ideas as to what's a good idea and what isn't. My one concern is how the game would handle a two-headed, hermaphroditic ogre.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
OK, that's the funniest thing Blizzard's come up with in a long time. The dialogue on the first screenshot had me rolling. At work.
:lol:
Should I bring up the fact that the Cow Level in Diablo II started out from the April Fool's Day joke Blizzard ran years ago? When they ran the screenshot, they realized "hey, that's not a bad idea" and began implementing it into the game...

Don't count out two headed Ogres!

Man, I've got an ogre-slaying knife. It's got a +9 against ogres!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Apr 2 2004, 02:15 AM Wrote:Should I bring up the fact that the Cow Level in Diablo II started out from the April Fool's Day joke Blizzard ran years ago?  When they ran the screenshot, they realized "hey, that's not a bad idea" and began implementing it into the game...
And as someone (NiteFox I believe) mentioned in another thread, the Warcraft 3 Pandas were once an April Fool's joke...
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Quote:For example, if one particular Ogre's left head is named "Jonny" while the right head is named "Bob," the full name of the Two-headed Ogre and the name attached to communications with the outside world will be "JonnyBob." Since both heads speak with this single name, there is no way for other players to know which of the heads within one body is speaking. Thus, it is important to discuss these external communications internally first to avoid appearing schizophrenic.

That had me rolling on the floor.
Actually, I don't see why it should be a problem communicating with others. Just carry on with the 2 in one thing, and the only difference is you see "JonnyBobLeft" and "JonnyBobRight" as the names of the people you're talking to. I disagree with making them limp when the other head is offline though. Just think of it as "when one head rests, the other attains full control of the body(but not the skills)" However, I think that a 2 headed ogre account should necessarily require some degree of IP matching(that is to say, the 2 people should at least hail from the same country or something), to cut down on intra-ogre desynch. Dammit, I hope Blizzard opens a SEA server, in addition to the "necessary" South Korean one. Among other things, Singapore(hint hint) is in less danger from Pyongyang! :P
I saw a GM walking through one of the towns as a 2-headed ogre last night. There weren't a lot of players in the area, but I think just about everyone stopped to gawk or ask questions.
OK, I'm digging this post out of the graveyard for a reason.

April 14, 2004
Coming Soon™: New Warcraft III Patch!
Within the next few weeks, we will release a new patch for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and the expansion set, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. The upcoming patch will include several new features, fixes, and balance changes, including an updated matching system, completely anonymous free-for-all play, clan ladders (The Frozen Throne only), improved player and clan profiles, and a new Neutral Hero -- the Goblin Tinker. Full details can be found here.

The Goblin Tinker was one of the supposedly April's Fools jokes.

So, does that mean there'll be a playable two-headed ogre in WoW?

Stay tuned I guess...