Oak sage ? or lycanthropy , quick question?
Just wanted to know what is better on a werewolf for life lycanthropy or oak sage ?

k THNX
If you only care about your life total, they're equivalent (+5% per point after the first). If you also want your wereshape to last for a while, invest in lycanthropy. If you also want your minions and party members to get a life boost, invest in oak sage.
Quote:If you only care about your life total, they're equivalent (+5% per point after the first).
But if you only cared about your life total, wouldn't you do 50/50 for the two? Since Oak Sage multiplies the bonus from Lycanthropy.

Say each had a 50% bonus to life - then you'd have 225% life versus only 200% if you had 100% bonus in just one of the skills.

Or am I wrong here?
That would be true if they were multiplicative. They're additive, though.
Aha, thanks

However, in that case I'm puzzled by the fact that were-forms seem to have significantly more life than barbs using BO.
Well, level 20 BO just gives +96% life. Level 20 lycanthropy gives a werewolf +140% life and a werebear +165% life. If you add the +125% life from level 20 oak sage, you have +265% for a werewolf or +290% for a werebear.

(Of course, barbarians also have more base life. And assuming you have exactly 20 points in the relevant skills and no +skills is a huge oversimplification. The actual calculation is thus a lot more complex than 265 > 96 => weredruids have more life.)
Hmm, well I guess that explains it then - thanks.

While we're on the subject of oak sages, it seems they're a lot more frail in 1.10. Is it because of the elemental damage monsters are doing, or something else?
OS used to be Psn Immune AND as far as I can remember highly elemental resistant... now they just have some elemental resists (I haven't read anything confirming my theory that they also follow the 5% resist-all / slvl).

Doesn't help that 1.10 elemental attackers are now nastier.
-- Ryan
Between GW2, AirMech, Firefall and Torchlight 2, who has time for gaming? Smile
Oak Sage is still Poison Immune. Also Physical Immune in Nightmare. I can only attribute any decreased life expectancy seen to the higher damage produced by monsters.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)