What does this mean? (Realm ladder...)
Do we get to buy them from NPC's?
It means that if the number goes high enough and if you are in a Hell game the Diablo Clone will appear and you will get a chance to claim yourself an Annhilus Charm.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

high enough? usually, i see 3000 something...

okay, so i misunderstood... so the message has nothing to do with us being able to buy SOJ's from vendors?
It has nothing to do with being able to buy SOJs

But its not how high the counter gets, it is how much the counter changes in your game. Anytime you see it and stick in the game long enough dclone will eventually appear so just clear worldstone or something till he does. The next named monster "snot fist the cold" or whatever is generated will be dclone. It is better to generate him in an open field so what I do is wait for the Diablo Walks the Earth message then take the wp to Act V Frigid highlands so he is generated at Eldirtch. Then call your local hammerdin or staticfield/crushing blow zealot.
Step 2: Acquire and train a monkey. This step may take some time.
arrunique,Apr 20 2004, 01:20 PM Wrote:The next named monster "snot fist the cold" or whatever is generated will be dclone.
No. The Diablo Clone will only take the place of a superunique (fixed name) monster. Random unique monsters (with corresponding random name) will NOT be supplanted.

Edit: could this make the chaos sanctuary seal bosses, or baal's minions, entertaining? Or are they exempted?
You don't know what you're talking about.
Quote:could this make the chaos sanctuary seal bosses, or baal's minions, entertaining? Or are they exempted?

Last I heard they were not and it was quite the irritation for HC players. :lol:
Quote:The Diablo Clone will only take the place of a superunique (fixed name) monster.
Huh, I thought it was a coincidence that he always appeared at Eldritch, Rakanishu or Bishibosh...One time I spawned him in the den of evil with some really bad geography and just quit rather than chance it.
okay, so this happens only in Hell, right? I'm about to kill Baal in NM, but I'm only level 44 (high level party members rushed me through Normal and Acts 3-5 of Nightmare...)... since I don't have a chance of killing DClone, should I always be in parties?

and what does HC mean?
If you don't want a Diablo Clone, you can just avoid him. He doesn't really spawn that often.

HC = hardcore. If you die, you stay dead.
Quote: okay, so this happens only in Hell, right?

Yes.

Quote:and what does HC mean?

Hardcore. It's a mode of play where you have one life. If you die, you're dead.
oh... okay, I know what Hardcore means, I just don't know most of the abbreviations you guys are using... :blink:

i'm having a hard time playing my level 47 enchantress solo in NM with my enchantress, I've got level 5 Fire Mastery, maxed Warmth, level 5 Energy Shield, level 5 Meteor, and level 5 Enchant... and I'm using "Leaf" staff with +3 to Fire Skills and +3 to Warmth... my mana is no problem, but my defense is so low, when i go back to the Catacombs, Dark Ones hit me, and hit hard...

I have Nightsmoke belt (50% damage taken goes to mana)... and about 350 life... i have about 75 strength, and i have about 55% chance to hit Ancient's Way monsters...

what can i do to stop getting ashamed every time i get surrounded by dark ones and die?

level up? where?
Don't know an acronym? Look here!
Quote:i'm having a hard time playing my level 47 enchantress solo in NM with my enchantress, I've got level 5 Fire Mastery, maxed Warmth, level 5 Energy Shield, level 5 Meteor, and level 5 Enchant... and I'm using "Leaf" staff with +3 to Fire Skills and +3 to Warmth...

You don't have nearly enough damage and are too spread out. In 1.10 you can't afford to waste skill points. You need to focus on the goal of your character. I think with only 5 enchant you qualify more as a meteor sorc than an enchantress. But semantics aside first decide what kind of sorc you want. It looks like you want to melee so lets go with that.

1. If you want to do melee then you need a shield. A two handed weapon won't make you hit much harder and without a block you will start getting shredded about the catacombs (or earlier) in nightmare. A good poor man's shield is Rhyme (shael eth). To get the most out of block you need to invest in dex. 75% block costs too much but 30-40% isnt unrealistic.

2. With melee a merc is a must. In my opinion the only choice for any melee character (except a holy freeze paladin) is the nightmare A2 holy freeze merc. You aren't there yet but just make a game called "Andy" and chumps like me who want your quest drop will join and do it for you.

3. You are relying on your enchant to do damage so your weapon damage isnt really relevant, anything fast will do. Good choices are culwen's point, and hexfire for the extra skills.

4. The 8 points you wasted on meteor make the character unredeemable and you should start over. You will spend less time getting back to where you were then you would advancing a single level in your late 70s without those 8 skill points.

5. For an enchantress of any flavor first max enchant, then fire mastery, then warmth.

6. Instead of investing points in energy shield invest them in telekinesis, this will make your mana ball last longer.

7. Keep the leaf on your switch, use it when you cast enchant, then switch to your main weap/shield.

8. Read this guide: Enchantress Guide

Good luck, I loved my enchantress until she was struck down in the prime of her life by a pkiller nasty....
arrunique: yeah i read your post about the necro... sorry about that... :(

i have a Rhyme Shield already, except my weapon is a balanced knife which does 1-100+ lightning... i WAS thinking of starting over, but not because of the meteor but because of the 1 skill point i wasted on Frozen Armor...

and i like the meteor... i just cast meteor in between me and the monster/s, i wait for him/them to come to me, then i hit him/them like mad with my staff (i find this weird...) then my meteor finishes him/them off...

i'm not creating a pure enchantress... i just wanted a sort of hybrid between a fire sorc and an enchantress...

but why telekinesis instead of energy shield?

edit: sorry about no caps, i'm too lazy to do so...