How to get good weapons
I have realised I need a better sword. I have started to inspect people, and it seems most have super weapons. Obviously, they are not from shops (i hever never seen anything near it) and the few I asked, usually got them from high level friends. Still, at level 20, I would have thought I would have found SOME weapons, if not, super, at least decent. Don't think I have found anything better than what one start out with sort of, and very rarely even that. So were do people get their weapons, after all, even to have it given to them, someone have to find at least two good weapons to give away the worse (which seems to be super). My current sword do some 20-30 damage and what I see are like 30-55 (often plus 60 natures damage or holy damage or something like that, and usable from level 15 even). Any ideas?
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Some weapon smiths sell swords better than that. Arkthorn just bought one that was slightly better at a steep price. I have seen even better than that in some of the shops but the min level to use is als much higher with very, vey high prices.

Some of the higher level monsters will drop very nice weapons, but I have seen no swords like that yet. Based on what I have seen of some of the other types though, the swords should be comparable to what you have seen others using.

While I have not persued the smithing line very far yet (Kormak), it does appear that some of the higher calibur smithing results could be what you are looking for. The problem is that they will typically require a lot effort to get the base materials (iron, gems and other things) to make just one. This is based on this listing
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx...Count=12#post43
and having looked at what some of the blacksmithing trainers are offering for formulas.
A lot of people seem to be into the trading game. They might pick a trade skill like skinning, gather up 100 light leathers, sell them to the highest bidder in Stormwind for a ridiculous amount of cash, and then use that cash to by a great item from a blacksmith player (who got the materials he needs by trading in a similar way). If they find something they can't use but they know it is a rare ingredient to make something good, they will save it to sell to other players as well. I think this results in players churning the best items possible via the tradeskills out at a much faster rate than items of that calibre can be found or bought through normal play.

Although I put a lot of time into my characters' trade skills, I am not a big fan of making major trades with other players (an old habit from Diablo with all of the duping, I guess). The best weapons my level 14 warrior has gotten are in the range of 20-30 or 25-40 damage, depending on attack speed. These weapons came from the warrior specific quests, and the Lost Pilot quest sequence. I assumed that more difficult quests would continue to yield better weapons, but it seems this has not been the case for you. My warrior is also a miner/blacksmith, and in spite of not trading for ingredients he is already capable of making a weapon slightly better than the one he uses (IIRC the weapon he could make is a 25-39 damage axe with attack speed of 2.20). The only thing he is missing is 2 bars of silver, which he is capable of mining and smelting. The only problem is that I have not seen a silver vein anywhere in the game.

And yes, sometimes a random monster will drop a great item too. That is certainly not something you can depend on, though.
Nystul,Apr 9 2004, 06:15 PM Wrote:The only problem is that I have not seen a silver vein anywhere in the game.
I think I saw a silver vein at the entrance of a cave once, I think it was the ogre cave (south) in Loch Modan.

Also, what is peoples HP? I have 420 (or so) at level 20 as a warrior. Looking at others, typical rogues at my level run arround with 600-700 HP.Even warriors seems to have much more usually, and it is NOT just from items, that is an extra 50 at most. How to get more HP?
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
How to get more HP?

A few ways you could go for maximum HP:

-Invest talent points into stamina.
-Invest talent points into physical prowess.
-Get equipment that increases stamina and/or HP.
-Enchant equipment with stamina and/or HP bonuses using enchanting trade skill.
-Drink a potion of fortitude to temporarily buff up. There may be other temporary hp/stamina buffs as well.
Nystul,Apr 9 2004, 01:15 PM Wrote:...  The only thing he is missing is 2 bars of silver, which he is capable of mining and smelting.  The only problem is that I have not seen a silver vein anywhere in the game.
And based on this thread you will not see a silver vein anywhere.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx...Count=13#post19
see msg 12

The silver apparently comes from mining tin in the higher level areas and may also require some skill before you can get it.
OK. So it’s currently like this?

Copper Vein (low level): Copper only, no rare spawn?

Tin Vein (mid-level?): Common ore Tin, rare ore Silver

Iron Vein (high-level): Common ore Iron, rare ore Gold

Mithril Vein?
Well, if u want damage then u need a paladin. Now for paladin you need to use holy shock. Max thats out and max out resist lighting. the weapon might be crap but it it the fastest normal weapon and faster then exeptional weapons too. the sword will be a 2 soketed smitar with TirEl which makes the rune word steel.
Hi,

Either there are runes in WoW and no one else has noticed them or you are posting in the wrong place. Note that this forum is World of Warcraft. That's not just its name, that's its topic, too.

Also, take a glance at the etiquette link. Note especially item 4.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Jarulf,Apr 9 2004, 03:01 PM Wrote:Also, what is peoples HP? I have 420 (or so) at level 20 as a warrior. Looking at others, typical rogues at my level run arround with 600-700 HP.Even warriors seems to have much more usually, and it is NOT just from items, that is an extra 50 at most. How to get more HP?
Arkthorn at level 17 is at 443 HP. NO items are giving any stamina or HP boosts. This is just from level and spent talent points.
And based on this thread you will not see a silver vein anywhere.

Since one guy in that thread says he has seen silver veins but isn't a miner, it must be the veins themselves which are changed on spawn. The system seems to be implemented pretty well. But the way it's going to be is that some players will be willing to camp on tin veins all day, and I won't be one of them. So when I do chance into some silver or gold (assuming my mining skill is high enough to get them when I find them), I'll have to put some real thought into how to use it.

But for now, Gruf has yet to even see a tin vein, and between all my characters I've only seen about 2 of them. Copper is another story. I had a bag full of copper ore before I even knew trade skills existed. :P
pubanator,Apr 9 2004, 05:18 PM Wrote:Well, if u want damage then u need a paladin. Now for paladin you need to use holy shock. Max thats out and max out resist lighting. the weapon might be crap but it it the fastest normal weapon and faster then exeptional weapons too. the sword will be a 2 soketed smitar with TirEl which makes the rune word steel.
This post made me laugh, so I quoted it for future reference.
Nystul,Apr 10 2004, 01:34 AM Wrote:And based on this thread you will not see a silver vein anywhere.

Since one guy in that thread says he has seen silver veins but isn't a miner, it must be the veins themselves which are changed on spawn.  The system seems to be implemented pretty well.  But the way it's going to be is that some players will be willing to camp on tin veins all day, and I won't be one of them.  So when I do chance into some silver or gold (assuming my mining skill is high enough to get them when I find them), I'll have to put some real thought into how to use it. 

But for now, Gruf has yet to even see a tin vein, and between all my characters I've only seen about 2 of them.  Copper is another story.  I had a bag full of copper ore before I even knew trade skills existed. :P
I too have seen a silver vein, at the entrance of a cave. Just not fully sure which cave :)

I think it might be me not spending talent points on stuff that give HP then. I just try various things out. Many of them seems a vaste of points though, increasing defence by 1 when they are in the hundrads and so on.
I have seen a silver vein also. I even thought to myself "hey it would be nice to tell someone who is a miner". It was near the abandoned Lumber Mill north of Redshire. I guess it was just a rare tin vein?

As for weapons, I think trading really is your best bet. Getting gold from creatures is much easier then finding a good weapon. On a side note, the best weapon that I have seen drop, was a 30-45 axe with 2.00 speed, but alas it wasn't me, but a party member when we were playing in Wetlands.

Also, on this issue, does anyone thinks that they found more yellow and green items when they kill higher level creatures?
"The silver apparently comes from mining tin in the higher level areas and may also require some skill before you can get it."

I did see a tin vein, which was located on the mountain that I found in the Barren, on the western continent...if you're looking. Haven't gotten my trade figured out yet, but will do that when I get done traveling....

SaxyCorp