Horde or Alliance after the push?
Assuming that after the push you'll be allowed to choose, will you start a fresh Horde or Alliance character? (Note: You won't be able to keep playing your current characters for the time being). I'm wondering, because I'd like to be in the area where I can team up with the most Lurkers.
If the current characters are locked out as we are hearing, I'll try out the Horde races for a while. I've run through the Elwynn Forest and Dun Morogh newbie quests quite a few times, and wouldn't mind seeing a new area.
Hi,

But I'll have to check what's available. I really want to try a ranged physical attack, preferably bow. OTOH, I might give a priest type a shot. Trying not to plan too much ahead, so that I won't be disappointed by whatever Blizz does. :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Pete,Apr 15 2004, 12:04 AM Wrote:But I'll have to check what's available.  I really want to try a ranged physical attack, preferably bow. OTOH, I might give a priest type a shot.  Trying not to plan too much ahead, so that I won't be disappointed by whatever Blizz does. :)
Sounds like a hunter would fit you nicely. You should try it and let us know how it goes. I've been playing a priest, and I've really loved it. The thing is, you have to have the right temperment. Solo, priests are quite weak, but give them a party, and whoa nelly! I was going to create a writeup on my first impressions as a priest, but with the push coming, it didn't seem to make sense to write about something that might change radically in a few days. I'm going to try a priest again and see if there are any discernable differences between the two pushes.
I'll be playing Horde. Most of us have seen enough of Azeroth for now, right?

Since you can't have Horde members in an Alliance guild, I guess I'll start a "Lurking Loungers" guild so we can continue the convience of guild chat while playing. I'll also start a pinned thread here so we can list our character names and get connected with each other again.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Horde, Troll, probably Shaman. They can actually use leather and bucklers! And spirit wolf allows you to run faster in wolf form! (All those who played know how invaluable that is =) And yes, I have seen enough Azeroth for a while. Kill that human scum! =)
I want to be the ugliest Horde character in WoW.
Pete,Apr 15 2004, 01:04 AM Wrote:Hi,

But I'll have to check what's available.  I really want to try a ranged physical attack, preferably bow. OTOH, I might give a priest type a shot.  Trying not to plan too much ahead, so that I won't be disappointed by whatever Blizz does. :)

--Pete
Unfortunately Hunters seems to not be available yet. Otherwise allraces and classes (inclduing druid) seems possible to chose.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Bolty,Apr 15 2004, 02:50 AM Wrote:Since you can't have Horde members in an Alliance guild, I guess I'll start a "Lurking Loungers" guild so we can continue the convience of guild chat while playing.  I'll also start a pinned thread here so we can list our character names and get connected with each other again.
According to the patch notes, the guild startup procedure has changed:

Guild creation is now in the game as intended, and here is how it works:

Find a Guildmaster NPC in any of the major cities.

Acquire a Guild Charter from the Guildmaster

Add 9 other people to the Guild Charter

Return the Guild Charter to any Guildmaster.

You have a guild!

So, it looks like we have to get nine people together to sign our "Guild Charter." I'm assuming this is by character rather than by account, so we might be able to use dummy characters to sign the charter or something and start the guild without getting nine actual people to sign it.
MongoJerry,Apr 15 2004, 02:04 AM Wrote:So, it looks like we have to get nine people together to sign our "Guild Charter."  I'm assuming this is by character rather than by account, so we might be able to use dummy characters to sign the charter or something and start the guild without getting nine actual people to sign it.
Not if it costs in-game money to do this process, which it might...

We'll see.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Apr 15 2004, 12:22 PM Wrote:Not if it costs in-game money to do this process, which it might...

We'll see.

-Bolty
For guild Tarbad it is 10 gold I think. Not sure about seting up Guild though. I dount it will cost money or much since that will only mean it is postponed some.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
The need to sign-up 10 is probably a good move for Blizzard. They would otherwise get a gazillion frivilous guild name where every character makes up his/her own guild. It also takes some coordination to form one, which is a good thing for effective guilds. When you're invited to join one, you at least know it got 10 folks to sign, and it's not a personal guild for Jim and Joe Bob.

Alliance or Horde? (And yes, we're given the choice of all 8 races)

Horde!! :ph34r:

I'm surprised the Shaman made it but the Hunter did not. The latter was the one I was most
looking forward too. Hopefully that will come in a patch (rather than a push)

I think I'll make my main character an Orc Shaman, and I'll also try out at least briefly a
Tauren Druid and Undead Warlock. When they're available I want a Troll Hunter too.
(BTW, good thing my priest character is locked, he's missing his sleep already, to echo Griselda's comment)

If many folks here will have alliance characters, I'll make a new Night Elf Druid and use a warrior
for the Tauren - so I am interested to hear what your folks main interest will be.

Charis
Hi,

From the push announcement: "We are aware of a bug if you play WoW on a 98 or ME machine that will prevent you from loading up the client or entering the game world." So, after the 1200+ hours the downloader is telling me it should take, I probably won't be able to get on anyway.

Of course, they've not changed the original download instructions, which included this beauty: "The client is approximately 2 gigabytes in size, so depending on your Internet connection speed, the full download may take many hours to complete. Please be patient. You should only have to download it once." I guess that a requirement for working at Blizzard is optimism, the kind that has you saying "OK so far" as you pass the tenth floor of the skyscraper you fell off of.

Well, looking on the bright side, they'll probably have the Win98 patch out by the time I get through downloading the client. ;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Looks like Horde is the choice of the majority. I'll add my vote to that -- I want to see some new stuff.

I'm not sure on class, though. I've played Warrior to 14 and Rogue to 12, so I'd kind of like to try something new -- although with the changes to skills it sounds like even the same thing would play out differently.

Shaman, maybe? Although Tauren Warrior sounds kind of cool.
Of course, your mileage may vary.
I was thinking about Shaman but have decided to go ahead and try the Druid since it's in now. Planning on Tauren. Does look like we're mostly Horde side. This should be fun.
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Most likely, I'm going to try an Orc of some class, probably Warlock (if that's possible).

Too bad I was away for a while, I never got to get my Ackland up to level 30 :(

This time, though, I'm definitely going to the Hoarde. I want to be in a position to be able to ride a wolf when the level cap is raised.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*