looking for healing advice for a PVE Paladin
Ok, So I healed as holy in TBC, but I haven't healed anything as holy since 3.0 I just ret healed anything and everything that needed a healer. My dual Spec is going to be holy, but I'm unsure on how to round out the build.

Currently, My healing spec I'm leaning towards is:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sxAzxR0sVu0tgdxZVcbx

Though, I have toyed with not taking divinty and taking 3% more crit and the movement speed in ret. My question is, What's going to be better? 3% crit or 5% more throughput?

And what glyphs should I use? I'm currently leaning toward

Flash of Light, Holy Light, Seal of Wisdom
Kings, Lay on Hands, and Blessing of Wisdom

Am I right? I cant seem to find a consensus in the talking. I have been reading bananashoulders, EJ, and the off spec Maintankadin crew. none of them seem to agree on more than a couple of things.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
I would say that 3% crit is better than 3% extra healing -- and even 5% extra healing. 5% extra healing isn't going to do much; in any situation where you overheal, you just overhealed by 5% more. 3% additional crit, on the other hand, can cause a non-crit to become a crit, returning mana.

I'm not saying that 5% extra healing is useless; far from it. I just don't think it's nearly as good as crit%.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:And what glyphs should I use? I'm currently leaning toward

Flash of Light, Holy Light, Seal of Wisdom
Kings, Lay on Hands, and Blessing of Wisdom
I think any of the Blessing glyphs are for leveling characters, and I'd take the new Beacon of Light glyph. So for majors, Holy Light, Flash of Light, and Beacon of Light. For minors it doesn't matter too much, but Seal of Wisdom and Lay on Hands are good. I take Sense Undead even for holy because those 3 minors are the only ones I have any respect for.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
I thought the seal glyphs were majors?
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Quote:I thought the seal glyphs were majors?
You are right, there is a Glyph of Seal of Wisdom, and a minor Glyph of the Wise. That is the one I had in mind, as it impacts Seal of Wisdom.
Quote:Though, I have toyed with not taking divinty and taking 3% more crit and the movement speed in ret. My question is, What's going to be better? 3% crit or 5% more throughput?

This is something that is somewhat situational. Most likely the extra utility / regen offered by the 3% crit + runspeed will outweigh the better throughput of +5% healing.

You also have the alternative of +run speed and +3% healing. This would be the utility of run speed, more throughput than +3% crit, but less mana friendly due to illumination synergy with +crit.

I feel it's a personal call and there is no truly correct answer.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
I really like PoJ for the extra runspeed. This is what I took for my Holy build. It takes no prot points, and all 8% crit from Ret in addition to PoJ. It does not have imp BoW.
Quote:I really like PoJ for the extra runspeed. This is what I took for my Holy build. It takes no prot points, and all 8% crit from Ret in addition to PoJ. It does not have imp BoW.

That's pretty much the pre 3.1 holy spec (holy didn't change a lot) and is what I'm leaning towards, though I did put Tuskarr's vitality chant on a pair of boots for when I was rostered as the only pally and figured we still wanted kings in the raid, but those boots aren't quite as nice as my other pair that I used when I was spec'd to have PoJ.

The 5% healing talent in prot still feels more like a ret or prot talent to me, though it has viability for holy, I like you just prefer the crit and run speed more.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I went 51/20/0 for my holy build, as my secondary spec.

I figure on fights where we want an extra healer I can stick to MT healing and perform stupid human tricks with Divine Sacrifice while providing the improved Devotion Aura buff.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Your talent link isn't working right.
Quote:Your talent link isn't working right.

There, I switched to a talent calculator that doesn't suck and can actually generate a working link =)
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:You are right, there is a Glyph of Seal of Wisdom, and a minor Glyph of the Wise. That is the one I had in mind, as it impacts Seal of Wisdom.

I view the best Holy glyphs for PvE as:

Holy Light
Beacon of Light
Seal of Wisdom

Holy Light gives you the little bit of AoE heals on your bread and butter spell. Beacon of Light & Seal of Wisdom increase your longevity.

You don't tend to cast a lot of FoL and if you are, many times they're cast on the target you of SS up on, so you're already looking at ~90% crit rate then.

-WimpySmurf
Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Faible 83 Pally wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory