Other Games
I think that you guys should also show things about other games/game series/game universes aside the Diablo Universe such as the Warcraft Universe.
Hi,

you read the main page, didn't you? Paraphrasing, the LL is not a general gaming site and doesn't try to be.

As for Warcraft, there's the WoW beta forum...

Take care,
Lord_Olf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
Well, I think Bolty said it perfectly the last time some poor schmuck suggested this type of change (in that case, suggesting we need more Diablo I forums):

Okay, here's what I think: I think it's a bad idea.

-Bolty

If you need further clarification, you don't understand why we're here, or the nature of such a website.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Allow me to elaborate upon what others have said. The Lurker Lounge is based on exploring game mechanics. Some games (such as, say, The Oregon Trail) just wouldn't fit in. Some of the "requirements" are that there are lots of options and such, because if the game were like Crash Bandicoot, a single guide would work for it all, as you only have one path to follow.

*The views represented in this post are entirely my opinion, and do not necessarily represent those of the Lurker Lounge Moderators, Bolty, or members of the forum.
gekko,Apr 21 2004, 10:58 AM Wrote:Well, I think Bolty said it perfectly the last time some poor schmuck suggested this type of change (in that case, suggesting we need more Diablo I forums):

Okay, here's what I think:  I think it's a bad idea.

-Bolty
There's one additional caveat to this now, gekko - since I am no longer managing content on the website, it's going to up to its readers to decide what the next game is - mainly in that someone's going to have to step up to the plate, really take charge, and run the content website for the game. While we may all really like World of Warcraft, I'm not opening a section for it if there is no dedicated individual who wants to run the show here.

With the general lack of interest shown in running the Diablo II section, I'm not confident that such a thing will occur!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Some games (such as, say, The Oregon Trail) just wouldn't fit in.

Actually, I wouldn't mind a Jarulf-like guide to the inner details of that game. Exactly how long do you actually need to rest when you get dysentery? Just how much more prone to sickness do you get with a faster trail pace? :D
Rest when you get dysentary? Pah! You're too soft on your traveling companions. Just set pace to grueling and set rations to meager. That'll teach them to complain! :P
rofliamo is all ihave to say
"We need some sharp Object. Think, your formor self must have known of something that was sharp!"
"Here, this is sharp!"
"What is that! A butter knife? I will spread my evil and curruption with a Butter knife? What will we do, cover the place with butter so they all die of High Cholesterol?"
"We could try to"
"no you idiot we could NOT try"
Taken from "Hello Cthulhu" Page 12