Lounge Standards
Thanks, Nystul, for your advice. I think I'll take it, so I'm editing this post to remove the content. Sorry to those who wanted to read it.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Hi Malakar. This is just my opinion, but I think it would have been more appropriate for you to discuss this directly with the staff (starting with LemmingOfGlory) via private message or email. You will get a better understanding of the moderation standards here by discussing it directly with the moderator, and by starting this you are kind of reopening the locked thread.

Pete has done more to help new players learn their way through Diablo than anyone I know, but I don't think he has gotten any "pardon" for his contributions here. More likely, he has just been around enough to have a good grasp on what is considered an appropriate post and what isn't.
I'm an admin on another D1 board. I can tell you that I could only make the decision to censure or ban someone based on the his/her contribution to the community as a whole, not on his/her attitude or method of self-expression.

And yes, Malakar is right. It is a whole lot easier to make allowances for someone's behavior if s/he brings a lot to the mix.

For those who have issues with Pete, maybe the next time you see him "take off," you could just go on to another post. Remember that he is a person who expresses himself in his own way, as you do in yours. Or you could just look at the content of his posts rather than focusing on the tone.

Pete's Pete. He feels no need to pull his punches, that's for sure! He can be tough to take sometimes, but he's been a reliable source of excellent information and pro-active assistance over many years in this community.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
By reintroducing a locked thread, you've confirmed two facts:

1. You've never bothered to read the Forum rules and etiquettes anymore than Movis has...

2. The "right to express your opinion", in your own egocentric little world, gives you permission to re-open a topic that the Moderators of this forum deemed closed; obviously, that's small reason for you to have to actually shut up about it.

Quote:It's unfortunate that my first post here had to be about this rather than strategy or something, but oh well, I had to put my two cents in.

It's unfortunate, indeed... because your initial post here indicates a profound sense of misplaced self-importance at the expense of any respect you could have given to either Lurker Lounge forms or the Moderators and members that uphold them.

I suggest you pick a personal orifice of your choosing, and shove your two cents up there.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
I realize that it is technically against the rules to reopen a thread, and I meant no disrespect by doing so, but I thought I made it clear in my first paragraph why I thought it was reasonable to make this post. However, as Nystul pointed out in a nicer fashion, it still may not have been appropriate to do so, which is why I've edited my first post.

Chill man, just because I made a little mistake on my first post doesn't mean I lack respect for the forum rules. In fact my concern for the quality of this great forum is the whole purpose I posted in the first place.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Again I appologize for starting this thread. After reading the first thread further, I saw Lemming state "If you have a problem with a post after I've already given my OK: report the post, e-mail me, PM me, etc."

This is what I should have done in the first place, and would have, had I read that far into the thread.

Again thanks Nystul for your nice advice.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Quote:Nicodemus Phaulkon:
I suggest you pick a personal orifice of your choosing, and shove your two cents up there.

Dammit, Nico. Now every time somebody posts their two cents I'm going to wonder where it's been.

Quote:It's unfortunate, indeed... because your initial post here indicates a profound sense of misplaced self-importance at the expense of any respect you could have given to either Lurker Lounge forms or the Moderators and members that uphold them.

I didn't see the original post before it was edited, so I can't judge whether this is over the top.

Quote:Malakar:
I realize that it is technically against the rules to reopen a thread, and I meant no disrespect by doing so, but I thought I made it clear in my first paragraph why I thought it was reasonable to make this post. However, as Nystul pointed out in a nicer fashion, it still may not have been appropriate to do so, which is why I've edited my first post.

I handle off-topic threads by moving them, locking them, or deleting them. For reference, ETA's attempt at locked-thread-necromancy earlier in the week met with abysmal failure.

-Lem
A few last things.

Quote:2. The "right to express your opinion", in your own egocentric little world, gives you permission to re-open a topic that the Moderators of this forum deemed closed; obviously, that's small reason for you to have to actually shut up about it.
There were two reason I started this topic. One, I was pissed, and felt the need to say something. Two, this topic was not about the controversial aspect of the first thread, for which I presumed it had been locked. Nonetheless it was still inappropriate, thus I've removed the content.

Lemming, I've sent you a PM with my concerns, and it contains a copy of my first post in this thread so you have a chance to read it.

And finally, Pete, I'm sorry, my first impression of you was incomplete. It seems that you can be quite a nice and helpful guy, and are a major part of this community. That being said, it's unfortunate that I had to remove my first post in this thread, because now you probably get the idea that I was talking about you "behind your back" so to speak. Well, I was talking about you, but not insulting you. You'll just have to take my word for it - and sorry anyway.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Hi,

And finally, Pete, I'm sorry, my first impression of you was incomplete.

You'll form whatever opinion of me you care to form. And you'll probably change that opinion over time. The exercise you got by jumping to a conclusion will not consume enough calories to matter in the long run. :)

it's unfortunate that I had to remove my first post in this thread, because now you probably get the idea that I was talking about you "behind your back" so to speak.

That's OK, I got to read that post shortly after you made it. While it did bug me, it didn't bug me enough to start a flame war. I just made a mental note to discount everything you say by about 90% -- but am willing to revise that estimate. Either way.

Welcome to the Lounge -- may your stay generate more light than heat.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?