Hammerdin Needs Partner
My friend and I are making a couple of characters to rush people through hell. We plan to work together, to get rushes done quicker. I'm making a Hammerdin, but my friend hasn't decided what he wants to make yet.

What character class and type would best compliment my Hammerer?
Something that won't get in the way. Off the top of my head, all I can think of would be an Orb/SF sorc.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
What does SF stand for?
Static field.
I think that I have to dissagree here; a Hammerdin can't have Conviction going with Concentration so he does nothing to compliment the sorc. How about a Bowazon or Summoning Druid?
"Would you like a Jelly Baby?"
Doctor Who
Freepaperclips,May 8 2004, 02:50 AM Wrote:I think that I have to dissagree here; a Hammerdin can't have Conviction going with Concentration so he does nothing to compliment the sorc.  How about a Bowazon or Summoning Druid?
Hammerdins are raw killing power, they don't really need help at all, so it doesn't matter who/what you travel with. I suggested an Orb/SF sorc because those are ideal against bosses (although meteor/firball/wall could be used just as well). Something like a zon or summoning druid will just mess up the monster packs making them spread out and take longer to kill.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
For rushing, you need a lot of searching to do. Having a sorc for that purpose is great. If you build her around a defensive line, she'll compliment your efforts greatly.

I myself have a mediocre orb/teleport sorc, she has only 600 life and 400 mana, 30 resall in hell, but has 140% fast cast and maxed teleport (right now 2 mana/cast). All she does is zap around trying to find the way, never waiting around long enough for anything to swing at her. Something like that would compliment your paladin rather well, alghough I would fo with an enchantress/skelemancer duo were I to rush people.

c.
Caaroid's "blinking in and out" sorceress is a good idea, if you intend to stay together. Another possibile partner, if the two of you are staying together, might be a HoW Bear Druid. He would jack the paladin's damage way up. It would be an awesome team for clearing an area quickly.

Why not build another Hammerdin? If accelerated rushing is the prime goal, the two of you could leap-frog ahead of each other. Then the next destination would always be cleared, with a portal awaiting the rushee. Just a thought.

--DG
This is just my experience, so correct me if I'm wrong:

My hammerdin, following a very universal build, has trouble with lone enemies, like Meph and Diablo. The character seems best suited for taking out large amounts of melee enemies. Meph doesn't stay close to me long enough for me to get a few hammers around.

I was thinking that the Hammerdin could just be a meatshield against act bosses, while the counterpart would dish out real damage.

What is a HoW Druid? Items? Skills?
HoW = Heart of Wolverine - the alternative skill to Oak Sage. The HoW druid chooses dealing damage for himself and his party members over the extra life benefit of Oak Sage. Tank him up with the best defense you can find and put a lethal weapon in his hand. - fun build :rolleyes:

IMHO - the ideal threesome is a fanaticism paladin, a HoW druid and a Oak Sage druid. Toss in a enchantress sorceress, for good measure, and things will get hurt! ;)