the rules of LL
please briefly explain

1) all my rule breaks ever here

2) where the rules can be read

* Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein
3) where you acted wrong

4) apologize

5) write down the rules / faq / etiquette you forgot

6) spell check the [censored]ing things

* Intellectual passion dries out sensuality. - Leonardo da Vinci

* The natural state of the brain is chaos. - Timothy Leary

* Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Hi adamantine,

Since I think you are alluding to the 'excessive' use of swearwords in your posts:
Quote:There's no need to have swear words in your posts - they aren't conducive to intelligent debate or strategy discussion anyhow.
- from the forum rules, which can be found on the right top of the page.

I must say though, that I didn't have the impression that your post was that evil when I read it before it was edited. I even answered it, and if it had been wicked, I would have noticed. (I hope so :o)
Nevertheless Griselda may have had her reasons.
Popping up another thread is not nice... ;)

If this was about something else, I'll immediately shut up and warp into the shame corner.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Funny thing - I read the etiquette many times before i started posting here in like 2001. When having acted wrong, i again read the etiquette. Several times. Missed the rules. Would be more logical to have them all in one. Or i could just be stupid.
> swearwords

could you quote those? i only remember one (1) in each post. which was two.

> Popping up another thread is not nice...

didn't want to destroy the other one.
FAQ

Forum rules

Netiquette
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Since Griselda edited all of your post, I cannot quote anything anymore. I don't have the page in my cache (why not? :blink: ), all that's left is my initial quote (the big one).

And yeah, of course I don't know them of my mind. My short-term memory is just so crappy.. :(
Sorry 'bout that.
Chin up, we don't want to lose you because of a misunderstanding!

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
> There's no need to have swear words in your posts - they aren't conducive to intelligent debate or strategy discussion anyhow.

Wanker.

Since I'm used to people deleting things I say, even if the profanity is 0.01%, I always back up things. (That's the equilant of being sent to jail/death for misspelling suck, or such. Wowsa.)

That should be changed to "american swear swords", if americans can think outside their power sphere.

> before it was edited

Deleted. World of difference.

"He had the courage to say something profound as opposed to your profane."

"Hard to read, or indescernible?"

"The natural state of the brain is chaos." - Timothy Leary

"The key to creativity is learning how to hide your sources."

"Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior." - Friedrich Nietzsche

<i>There's no need to have swear words in your posts - they aren't conducive to intelligent debate or strategy discussion anyhow. However, the veterans can use ones to mock people that act incorrectly. You have to accept this, best way is to act like them as well.</i>

Since I did save the second(?) post

number of words:787
number of characters:4618
number of swear words:1 (0,001271%)
number of swear word characters:4 (0,000866%)

"Think for yourself, question authority." - Timothy Leary

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein

"Stereotypes are so predictable."

"I'm tired of stupid people. I just want to shoot every single one.
Oh, they inspire me."

> My short-term memory is just so crappy..

Mine too. You wouldn't believe. I remember 10 of nietchze's books but I can't spell his name. I looked at it 1 second ago. 100 times today.

Things I quoted are things I remember first time I read them, a few days ago. (Or: the first time I experienced them, which goes back 10+ years, when I was "a stupid kid". My mind hasn't changed since I was 7.)
Thread locked. If you have questions about why you've been moderated, e-mail or PM the forum admin who moderated you. Lurkers cannot answer such questions for you.

-Lemmy