Fury Druid
Caaroid,May 25 2004, 01:36 PM Wrote:Well, my lev 7x kicksin with ~10k ar missed normal fallens 3 times out of 4 (before she got deleted, that is). Don't tell me this is normal.
I wasn't saying it is normal, or supposed to be that way. i'm just saying it happens with all characters. Only some characters have much more pronounced problems with this.

[/QUOTE]And that ignore target's defense probably doesn't make you hit all the time because hit is calculated from your AR, monster's defense and your level and monster's level too. This only discards defense but there is still that level counting. (not sure how it really works) [QUOTE]

my point in mentioning ITD wasn't that you wouldn't miss at all but that the hit/miss "problem" can't be tied directly to your AR or chance to hit %
Quote: ANother interesting thing: occasionally my druid speeds up significantly his fury attack. I don't know why but it lasts only few seconds and then returns to normal. Maybe I have slow computer (Duron 1600@2200) and its some kind of overload which is then compensated this way

I noticed this with my fury druid too. The easiset way to replicate it is to shapeshift into wolf, and in the same time, hold the fury button. It only lasts about a second, so make sure the enemy is close or in your weapon range. When my fury druid is wielding 2 shael Bonehew, he can do 2 cycles of this turbo-charged fury (if there are any monsters left, of course :P )
ITD
Caaroid,May 25 2004, 01:36 PM Wrote:Well, my lev 7x kicksin with ~10k ar missed normal fallens 3 times out of 4 (before she got deleted, that is). Don't tell me this is normal.
I think the best that bliz can do about this is to make fury & kicks uninterruptible (followed by some balance).
The problem with many attack skills (like fury, zeal and fend espescialy) is that the monsters often are not where they should be. Meaning that the server and the client are disagreeing on where the exact location is. There are several ways you can minimise this on your playing.
  • Use a long reach weapon, using a reach 1 mace with a fury ww or zealot is a bad idea
    <>
  • don't click on a monster, instead shift click or right clik beside it, letting the server decide where you hit.<>
    [st]
    These two makes it more playable, reducing the desync misses by 50 - 70% imho. If you have a high ping (check it in a game by typing /fps ) you can expect this problem to worsen, anything about 200 is probably unsuited for these skills atm.
devzero,Jun 3 2004, 09:29 AM Wrote:The problem with many attack skills (like fury, zeal and fend espescialy) is that the monsters often are not where they should be. Meaning that the server and the client are disagreeing on where the exact location is. There are several ways you can minimise this on your playing.

• <>
  • Use a long reach weapon, using a reach 1 mace with a fury ww or zealot is a bad idea

<>
  • don't click on a monster, instead shift click or right clik beside it, letting the server decide where you hit.

<>
    [st]

These two makes it more playable, reducing the desync misses by 50 - 70% imho. If you have a high ping (check it in a game by typing /fps ) you can expect this problem to worsen, anything about 200 is probably unsuited for these skills atm.
I play single player, so it's not my case, and I think misses caused by desync or lag are in a real minority against these "buggy mysterious misses" and that's the only cause Blizzard wasn't already forced to fix it, because everyone thought it's about their internet connection B)
Over and above, it happens to me even when I do as you say, so I let my "local server" decide where I hit :rolleyes:
LoWang,Jun 7 2004, 01:03 PM Wrote:I play single player, so it's not my case, and I think misses caused by desync or lag are in a real minority against these "buggy mysterious misses" and that's the only cause Blizzard wasn't already forced to fix it, because everyone thought it's about their internet connection&nbsp; B)
Even in single player you are susceptible to lag and desync. And on a slow machine can be even more susceptible than on B-net. In single player, you're running both the server and client on your machine. There is no inherent communication latency, but there is CPU and I/O latency which is often worse due to running both parts on the same machine. Furthermore, you are still using the same communication protocol and update frequency designed for the Bnet environment so you are also suffering the lag and desync in the system to compensate for bandwidth limitations (for example, I believe the position monsters is not updated at every timestep). Then there are also sublte things like an action being taken even one timestep earlier/later on the server/client will lead to differnt monster reactions/pathes...
---
Ebony Flame