Charged Bolteress
Quote: Generally, you just move your character out of the way.

Yeah, that would work fine if with both my Paladin, and a Charged Bolt sorceress, killing anything at all didn't involve standing directly in front of the monsters long enough for them to pull of some attacks.
Nit:
Quote:Unfortunately they capped the amount of bolts it fired to 20

The maximum is 24, not 20.
Quote:Did they reduce the damage it deals? If not, then it's better in 1.10 then it was in 1.09

How very wrong. It would only be true if nothing else changed in the game, but that is obviously not the case.

Just one example: a crier was a LOT stronger in 1.09 than in 1.10, and the damage of war cry increased substantially because of the synergies in 1.10.

You need to take the "kill over time" ratio into consideration, and damage is only one aspect of that. Number of targets, life of targets, resistances of targets are also significant factors. Then you also need to take the "ability to survive" into consideration.

In 1.09 60 points would buy you a Charged boltress with ES, cold armor and the beginning of your secondary skill. In 1.10 you have no ES, thus you're a lot more vulnerable; and the 60 points there only allow you to have your attack skill, that damages less targets than in 1.9 (even then CB sorceresses were only advised if you have like levl 40 CB, that would mean 41 sparks then, 24 now).
Quote:Just one example: a crier was a LOT stronger in 1.09 than in 1.10, and the damage of war cry increased substantially because of the synergies in 1.10.
While I can't fault your logic, are you sure criers were really much stronger in 1.09? IIRC, they do near 10x more damage now with less physical resistance to worry about. Plus, you can get a lot stronger equipment for a singer in 1.10 (think dual HOTO / Enigma / Arachnid).

Bob : Well you don't need to be directly next to them with CB, but I see your point.
Are you saying that in 1.10 monsters are stronger than 1.09???
Quote:Are you saying that in 1.10 monsters are stronger than 1.09???

They are.
Quote:Are you saying that in 1.10 monsters are stronger than 1.09???

to quote There's Something About Mary: "About ten times!"
Are you serious mate?? I haven't noticed a difference!
<_<
What's that supposed to mean? :huh:
It means Adeyke is smirking because you hadn't known that.

How long have you been playing 1.10 vs. diablo 2 in general? Maybe because of the characters you've played you didn't pick up on the difference.

The fact that 1.10 has tougher monsters has been on all diablo forums I've looked at for awhile.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
I played diablo II expansion 1.09 for 5 months. I quit a few months before 1.10 came out. I started playing 1.10 last month.
The consensus (as well as Blizzard's intention) is that 1.1 is, as a general rule, much harder. This is particularly the case with some of the most popular 1.09 builds and playstyles. Normal difficulty is about the same (or even easier because of some of the skill boosts), but the difference in NM and Hell is substantial.

The patch did make many character skills more powerful--if you merely compare them side-by-side with their 1.09 versions. But the increases in monster life, damage, and speed generally outstrips the skill boosts.
Suddenly can't get the picture of a couple of guys at Blizzard standing over a diablo action figure saying "We can rebuild him... we can make him better...we have the technology..."
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek