Spears
What's a good spear for an amazon? I want to have one on swap for my javazon, in case I run out of Javelins.
Hi unrealshadow13,

My level 85 lightning fury javazon applied the same tactics as you, and for a long time. I used Lycander's Flank for the switch, see its stats at the Arreat Summit.

Lately however, especially in 1.10, I find that jab with slvl 1 is really kind of slow with lycander's. I ended up using upgraded Titan's all the time, until I found a Demon's Arch, which is now my weapon of choice, because of the heavy elemental damage.

Back to the question: If you can't get your hands on a better Unique, you will always want some ias on the spear, enhanced damage, leech, +attackrate (itd if possible) and perhaps a bit cold damage.

A perfect rare could have the following prefixes:

Fool's: + (16.5 Per Character Level) 16.5-1633.5 To Attack Rating / + (0.5 Per Character Level) 0.5-49.5 To Maximum Damage (Based On Character Level)
Cruel: +201-300% Damage
Master's: +151-250 to Attack Rating, Damage: +101-150%

and suffixes:

Winter: Adds 5-9 Minimum and 16-50 Maximum Cold Damage - 5 sec Duration
Lamprey: 8-9% Life Stolen Per Hit
Quickness: 40% Attack Speed Increase

I don't know if some combinations of these mods can't spawn together, though. Just know that this would be a great melee weapon for a spearazone. For these technical details please refer to someone else.
Perhaps this helped a bit...

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
What is a demon arch?

Can you upgrade Titans in non-ladder?

Edit: Oh I know what Demon Arch is... I even have them in my stash... I always called them balrog spears but whatever...

LOL
unrealshadow13,May 17 2004, 08:55 AM Wrote:Can you upgrade Titans in non-ladder?
Nope
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Quote:Fool's: + (16.5 Per Character Level) 16.5-1633.5 To Attack Rating / + (0.5 Per Character Level) 0.5-49.5 To Maximum Damage (Based On Character Level)
Cruel: +201-300% Damage
Master's: +151-250 to Attack Rating, Damage: +101-150%

Fool's and Master's can't spawn on the same item.

Quote:Winter: Adds 5-9 Minimum and 16-50 Maximum Cold Damage - 5 sec Duration

6 second duration.
Hi Adeyke,

Yeah, I knew that there were some restrictions. Thanks for clearing that up.
I copy/pasted the Winter suffix from the Arreat Summit, however. If that's wrong, maybe you'll send them word that they should change it? I mean, some time went by since their last site update anyway.

Greetings, Fragbait

PS: man, you're fast. Which mpq-viewer do you use?
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
The AS affix pages are so thoroughly accurate that it would be easier to rewrite it from scratch than to fix the errors on there. And there are already more accurate sources of affix information (like this and this).

I have all the text files from the MPQ extracted, so I don't have use use an MPQ viewer. I just load the relevant file with MS Excel.
Hi adeyke,

Quote:I have all the text files from the MPQ extracted

Sure enough, but how'd you do that? Didn't you use a MPQ-viewer for that?
I only have mpq-view 1.1b, and I think it's pre-1.10.
Can you link me a newer one?
Thanks!

Greetings, Fragbait

- Bruce Lee

I used WinMPQ 1.62 to extract the files.
Grazie adeyke.

- Bruce Lee

Back to topic, I just found a couple of nifty spears which I just found off of meph. Here they are:

Arioc's Needle
Hyperion Spear

Two-Hand Damage: (98-115) To (333-392) (215.5-253.5 Avg)
Required Level: 81
Required Strength: 155
Required Dexterity: 120
Base Weapon Speed: [-10]
+180-230% Enhanced Damage (varies)
50% Deadly Strike
+394 Poison Damage Over 10 Seconds
+30% Increased Attack Speed
+2-4 To All Skills (varies)
Ignore Target's Defense
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)

This has I high lvl req, so I'm going to be using this guy until I break 80:

Spire of Honor
Lance

Two-Hand Damage: (87-101) To (325-382) (206-241.5 Avg)
Required Level: 39
Required Strength: 110
Required Dexterity: 88
Durability: 25
Base Weapon Speed: [20]
+150-200% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Adds 20-40 Damage
+ (1.5 Per Character Level) 1-148 % Damage To Demons (Based On Character Level)
20% Faster Hit Recovery
Replenish Life +20
+25% Bonus To Attack Rating
+25% Enhanced Defense
+3 To Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
+3 To Light Radius
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.09 or later)

I know it works better on a Pali, but I'm doing lots of damage with my zon now.
Question!!

Whats an mpq?
I have my own signature. Yay.
Some werid thing that smart modding people types look at to see how much damage stuff does and such. It's a kind of file.
MPQ is the data archive format used by Blizzard. The MPQs contain all sorts of information the game uses.

Generally, when people refer to MPQs, they're specifically talking about the tab-delimited text files in them.
Ah,

Thank-you!
I have my own signature. Yay.