MA asn in pvm
hello all, just want to know of your opinions about a MA asn, my question is, is there a good skill for the MA asn in the MA tree that deals well with PIs? Thx
TheCloakedOne,May 23 2004, 02:43 PM Wrote:is there a good skill for the MA asn in the MA tree that deals well with PIs? Thx
Charge ups:
Fists of Fire
Claws of Thunder
Blades of Ice
Phoenix Strike <--- My personal favorite back in v1.09

Finishing moves:
Dragon Tail

I would think that if you get a well-synergized Phoenix Strike, you're good to go. I haven't played a martial arts assassin yet in v1.10, so take my advice for whatever it's worth.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Dragon tail is worthless against PIs. The fire damage is based on how much physical damage you've dealt. Since you can't deal any physical damage to PIs, you (ironically) also don't get any fire damage. In order to make it work, you'd have to lure a non-PI monster into the PI crowd and kick that.
So the only way to damage PIs this way is through the splash damage. Good to know. Thanks adeyke. :)
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
TheCloakedOne,May 23 2004, 03:43 PM Wrote:hello all, just want to know of your opinions about a MA asn, my question is, is there a good skill for the MA asn in the MA tree that deals well with PIs? Thx

Dragon Talon, wearing Duress armor...high level enchant helps, as does a fast claw of amplify damage.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Duress is cool, but don't tell me that you really want to kill ghosts with it...
nt
[Image: ThiefLogo.jpg]

"What cannot kill you, isn't worth fighting." - Anon.
Chameleon, The Lost Thief *Fades away into the darkness*
Caaroid,May 24 2004, 08:34 AM Wrote:Duress is cool, but don't tell me that you really want to kill ghosts with it...

When I find good high def three socket sacred armor I will make Duress for my assassin and let you know!
Quote:When I find good high def three socket sacred armor I will make Duress for my assassin and let you know!
Please. I was thinking getting one for my Enchantress (the other option would be Stone), and I'd really like to know how it works out for you. Stone has more FHR and DEFENSE and gives you a pet, but duress is cold damage (nice with cold mastery), CB and OW.

And yes, I am highjacking the thread, and I know it's bad, I'll just go out to the kitchen and hit myself with a pan.
Tell me it wouldn't be fun to cast a fully synergized Enchant on a clay golem. That might be worth it, in and of itself.
"Would you like a Jelly Baby?"
Doctor Who
Caaroid,May 25 2004, 02:27 AM Wrote:Please. I was thinking getting one for my Enchantress (the other option would be Stone), and I'd really like to know how it works out for you. Stone has more FHR and DEFENSE and gives you a pet, but duress is cold damage (nice with cold mastery), CB and OW.

And yes, I am highjacking the thread, and I know it's bad, I'll just go out to the kitchen and hit myself with a pan.

Seriously, neither runeword would be my first choice for an enchantress -- except Stone, with a teleportable clay golem would br great for melee. But both my melee sorceresses use Guardian Angel, one upgraded, one not. Ninety five percent resist all has something that can be said for it.

My ladder enchantress wears an unhorked Skin of the Viper Magi, though my barbarian horked one last night. Sadly tonight his little rogue died twice. Once to the council, and once to the bloodlords in durance 3. A day ago she did them fine, I guess she got a little overconfident.

My opinion is still that a Dragon Talon assassin is the best use for Duress. No one can apply crushing blow or other effects to a single target more quickly. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)
Well, this Enchantress (this is my fourth one, mind you) is a melee one; thus she needs FHR above all else. The idea is to wear a Kira and a Mosers for the resists, a lightsabre for the damage and speed (will go max light mastery this time with lightning charms), Tgod and Hotspur for maxres. This will give me 90% fire resist, 85% light resist with 25%+20 absorb. STONE is lovely for the stats, the silly FHR, and the possibility of 2k+ degense (will go with a defiance merc, how did you guess that?)

And yes, I know that I have no +skills; I did realize that myself :) On the switch I'll have an enchant leaf, and hope that this will be enough.

About Duress and Talon assassin: well, my Dtaloner wears Guardian angel :) Then again she uses fleshripper for the CB, and she needs the GA since she is my D2X killer character (by the way it is funny that she has trouble clearing the Den, but kills D2X within 3-4 minutes ;)