Assassin Question
I'm currently working on a lvl 31 "Mistress of Heavy Weapons" (assassin version) and am having trouble deciding which weapon to go with.

On the one hand I have a 299% Bonesnap that I could upgrade and do 262 damage per attack with 17 fpa (385 damage per sec). The resists are unnesssary with Iratha's and Fade so that doesn't matter, and the Str requirements just mean that I can upgrade my Tearhaunch greaves so that's irrelevant too.

OTOH, I have a 265% Ribcracker that does 109 damage per attack at 13 fpa (210 damage per sec). This is a lot less damage over time, but it really helps out my Def, AR (from Dex), Hit Recovery, and since I'll be using Phoenix Strike to kill PIs the speed will help a great deal.

Well, any advice will be very welcome, so thanks!
"Would you like a Jelly Baby?"
Doctor Who
Quote:Well, any advice will be very welcome, so thanks!

Is this ladder or single player?

If so, an upgraded ribcracker might be a good end game weapon to shoot for. The physical damage on it is second to very few runewords/uniques and the mods are very hard to beat. Also the low requirements would allow for more points in vit(which you probably need dearly). The only drawback to an upgraded ribcracker is not bonus to AR, or ITD. You need a significant alternate source of AR to hit with it in hell.

As for right now, I'd stick with the ribcracker. The extra speed will allow you to apply the 50% crushing blow more often, and may make up for the loss of damage by applying the CB more often. I'd think the FHR and defense would help you significantly considering your vulnerability in being a 2 handed melee assassin. Also, with chargeups, the damage on ribcracker should be plenty for lvling in normal, it only slows down around act4 NM, and when upgraded around act4 hell.
Thanks, I'm leaning that way as well.

To answer your questions, she's a ladder character, though I normally solo.

My AR shouldn't be a problem, an Act II Blessed Aim merc is taking some of the heat off that problem, though it may rear its head in the future. In that case I have enough Eth runes not to mind losing one.

I also have a near perfect Ethereal Edge (unique Silver Edged Axe) that I can use if AR problems get too bad. I'd prefer not to have to use it, however, since the damage over time between the two is negligable and the other attributes are not as good.

Thanks again!
"Would you like a Jelly Baby?"
Doctor Who