Zealots
What aura do zealots use? Aside from Zeal and their Aura, what other skills do they use?
unrealshadow13,May 24 2004, 09:27 PM Wrote:What aura do zealots use?
Usually Fanaticism. Concentration if you play with others since that will boost their damage more than Fanaticism will.

Quote:Aside from Zeal and their Aura, what other skills do they use?
You can dump some points into Sacrifce for the synergy. Usually a point in Vengence to deal with PIs. Holy Shield gets a few points, especially since it boosts your total defense now, as opposed to before when it just boosted the shield defense. You can put a few into Fist of the Heavens to deal with ranged monsters.

Some points can go into the Resistance Auras, depending on how concerned you are with resists. Cleansing is a good one to help take care of curses. Vigor is sometimes useful if you have a lot of running to do.

Try a search either here or at the Amazon Basin for Zealots, and they can go more in depth.

Good luck with the build.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
My present zealot has a skill set of:

20 Zeal
20 Holy Shield
20 Fanat
20 Defiance

He's at lvl 82 right now and rips through hell. I have a couple saved points which i will probably use as 1 point wonders in Cleansing, Vigor, and Redemption.
What other skills did they use before 1.10?

Edit: besides fanaticism and zeal
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Fanat :P

Back when fanat didn't have +damage, we used concentration.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Hi unrealshadow,

My clvl 89 pala used the following skills:

Fanatism: 20
Holy Shield: 20
Zeal: ~12 (didn't increase damage unitl a certain patch - that's why it ain't maxed)
Vengeance: 20 (thought this would be good to max against PIs, but it's arguable)
Thorns: 8 (long time ago, I thought this was a good defense skill)
Holy Frost: 7 (to get to 8 yard radius, I thought it to be quite useful in particular situations)
Redemption: 1 point wonder

and the skills that are used to get there.
You see that there are many points wasted, but he still (1.10) slaughtered through hell even in players 3.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.