Venom Zealot.
I'm building a Venom Zealot, an Assassin using Passion with Venom, I'll be using the following equipment:

Crown of ages with two 5/5 poison Rainbow Facets.
Bramble.
Stormshield.
Passion Cryptic sword.
BK ring.
Orphans Call belt.
Highlord Wrath.
RavenFrost.
Shadow Dancer.
Trangs gloves.

And the follwoing skills:

20:
Venom.
Cloak of shadows.
Dragon Tail.
Shadow Master.

5:
BoS

1:
Mind Blast.
Dragon Flight.
All traps, for the Shadow Master.

Her stats will be as following:
160 STR.
200 DEX.
205 VIT.
25 ENE.

I would need calculations to show how fast my Zeal at a level 4, or 5, which gives me ONE problem, Attack rating.

As far as I know, stacking up poison charms won't help, so I will have lots of AR charms instead.

Any suggestions? Ideas? If so, I'd be happy if you replied, thanks, and bye!

-Jessica.
Jess,May 25 2004, 12:05 PM Wrote:ONE problem, Attack rating.
Pointing out the obvious, I know, but there are these Blessed Aim mercenaries for hire........
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Heyho!

Why zeal? It is not faster than your normal attack, all you gain is zeal-lock... Do try out the passion before you invest heavily in this char.

c.
It's a themed character, okay?
And trust me, Zeal is a LOT faster, and the cryptic sword looks like a lightsaber when venomed.
And to Shadow... Still low, but it's a start.
Quote: It's a themed character, okay?
And trust me, Zeal is a LOT faster, and the cryptic sword looks like a lightsaber when venomed.
Ok ok! Don't bite me head off!

I just thought I would point out my experiments with my Zeal-Enchantress to you. (As in: oSkill zeal is not a single bloody frame faster than normal attack.)

Good luck with her.

EDIT: about AR: use the spirits in the passion. They're cheap and helpful.
I'd be happy to demonstrate on open, *Jesshroom on West.
Assassins and Paladins have the same Zeal breakpoints when using one handed swinging weapons.

Sorceresses, on the other hand, are much slower. Plus one of their animation parameters makes their normal attack speed come very close to Zeal speeds.

How fast Zeal is depends on how the characters' animations are done and not where the Zeal skill is coming from.
Quote:How fast Zeal is depends on how the characters' animations are done and not where the Zeal skill is coming from.
I knew that. I just did not realize that for *other* classes it makes a difference. Thanks for the clarification.

I still hold that the spirit is cool, however :)

EDIT: is there a thread where one can get more info on oskills? I tried my best to "test" the result, but apparently I failed to get meaningful data :)