What would you be?
Title asks the question. I would probably be a necromancer because I'm not very social, spend a lot of time reading about things other people aren't interested in, and like chemistry.

What do other people think they would be?
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Can't answer.

The unique series of events that have crafted me into the human I am today cannot translate over into a setting where:

A. Magic exists
B. There are Freakin' Demons running around
C. Weaponry, and in turn society, is locked in a "medieval" period

...but if I had to pick,
I'm a Barbarian! RAAAWWWRRRGGH! *smash*
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Minionman,May 26 2004, 03:24 AM Wrote:Title asks the question.  I would probably be a necromancer because I'm not very social, spend a lot of time reading about things other people aren't interested in, and like chemistry.

What do other people think they would be?
I'm the Blizzard character designer - the God - who created all life in the Diablo2-world. :)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
The Designer has blessed us with his presence! Quickly, now, we must slaughter a thousand Fallen and ten-thousand Baals to celebrate!
I'd be a Druid, probably a Wind Druid, to be specific.

Rinnhart,May 26 2004, 09:52 AM Wrote:Quickly, now, we must slaughter a thousand Fallen and ten-thousand Baals to celebrate!
Sounds like fun. I'll take the Fallen, you go kill the 10,000 Baals. But as it is the Designer, they should be Hell Baals. (Extra special, doncha know :P )
<span style="color:red">Now lounging in the Amazon Basin.
Quote:I'd be a Druid, probably a Wind Druid, to be specific.

hmmm, you like beans a lot, dont'cha? :P :P

I'd prolly be a Necromancer too, I can be really wicked at times and letting others do the dangerous fighting seems like a gret idea, muahahahaha

or a fuzzy summoned Grizzly :)

Greetings

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Hi there,

I'd probably be Cain. Yeah - that would be neat. Traveling around a lot, meeting new great heros everyday, identifying mysterious artifacts now and then, and always speculating about / researching the myths of Diablo and the Sin War. Perhaps even make out with younger gals (Anya, Charsi etc) that are fascinated by my wisdom... :D

You didn't say we couldn't be NPCs, did ya? B)

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Quote:You didn't say we couldn't be NPCs, did ya?
Then I'm Gheed.
Barbarian for sure. (tho' a wee bit shorter)

i'm fairly coordinated with either hand.
i can bench 315+ lbs. any day of the week.
i can make nourishment with the odds and ends found in my 'fridge.
i regularly release "war cries" (tho' not always verbally).
i humorously taunt the majority of humanity-- mostly while driving.
my laundry stacks are a clear grim ward.
i have the stamina to work long hours in unforgiving indoor conditions.
i rarely get sick with a high natural resistance.
i can concentrate to finish off the Guinness 8-pack when required.

seems about right to me.............. -= H/M =-
...when you drink as much beer as I do; you gotta lift weights.
Caaroid,May 27 2004, 08:58 PM Wrote:Then I'm Gheed.
Fear the mighty raisers of the dead, you swindler. I could use a good extra word for the swindler part.

Thats a game change, necros get lower prices from Gheed. Just imagine:

Necro: I'd like those boots.

Gheed: T-That's 5000gold

Necro: I think these are 1000

Gheed (shaking): Y-Yes sir

Necro: O.K., here you go.

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Fragbait,May 27 2004, 10:48 AM Wrote:Hi there,

I'd probably be Cain. Yeah - that would be neat. Traveling around a lot, meeting new great heros everyday, identifying mysterious artifacts now and then, and always speculating about / researching the myths of Diablo and the Sin War. Perhaps even make out with younger gals (Anya, Charsi etc) that are fascinated by my wisdom... :D

You didn't say we couldn't be NPCs, did ya? B)

Greetings, Fragbait
That's why no one would be paladins. Holy warriors get no fun, or so people probably think.

If one was a Sorc, you could walk around town casting thunderstorm. When the vendors get piz0wn3d by your lightning, everybody will just blame it on the weather, and you can loot their stuff.
Not just any barb, the best barb to ever exist,

Me Minsc, and this Boo. :lol:
Quote: Not just any barb, the best barb to ever exist,

Me Minsc, and this Boo.
Then you only get 3 potion columns...
unrealshadow13,May 29 2004, 03:44 AM Wrote:piz0wn3d
What the hell is this?
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Caaroid,May 29 2004, 04:10 AM Wrote:Then you only get 3 potion columns...

True. But I'd also have the fiercest attack hampster to ever exist :lol:

Edit: Double Quoted
Well it depends. If id like the soxyness of the sorceress id be a sorceress. If i like to smash things id me a barbarian. And if id like to bring down a massive bolt of cleansing id be a druid. But, i like doing all that and more. Id say id be The big Mr. D., or id be, well, I just dont know.
And if you hit Alt+F4 it would say:
Quote:Are you sure you want to quit?&nbsp; Boo will miss you.
:P
"Would you like a Jelly Baby?"
Doctor Who
Quote:
Quote:piz0wn3d

What the hell is this?

Your daily does of supa-leet.

It's the eventual evolution of "owned".
The comments Minsc made about Edwin always got a laugh out of me.

::searches for his Baldur's Gate II cd's:: :blink:

-Munk