PvP Assassin
I am making a PvP Assassin for team PvPing with my friend, who is using a werewolf druid. I was just wondering what strategy I should go for.
Way back in 1.09 I had an Assassin that used Maxed Tiger Strike, Dragon Flight and Shadow Master with a point in Wake of Fire and Mind Blast and she did ok. Nowadays my guess would be to use a synergized Lightning Sentry.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
I have no problem dodging Lightning traps.
unrealshadow13,May 27 2004, 01:11 AM Wrote:I have no problem dodging Lightning traps.
Do you get mindblasted at the same time?
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Point taken mate ;) Why the wake of fire though?
Hello Adept,

the thing is, werewolves are generally the weaker duelers out there (meaning that with comparable equipment they get shreddered by ANY character, this being the case since they need insanely high priced weapons to be viable). That being said, it is YOU who needs to do the majority of the fightning.

Since it is team PVP, you'll have to kill two teleporting barbarians/necromancers/elemental immune wind druids/15k fireball sorceresses/10k blizzard sorceresses or hammerdins by yourself. (This is what public PVP is about these days). It basically means no time for half measures.

The strongest of all assassins in PVP is the pure lightning trapper, they stunlock with mind blast and kill with lightning. The catch: with Tgod and blackhorns (or any other neat absorb gear) people can withstand your damage. On the side it is imprtant to know that for some odd reason necromancers are able to cast even when mind blasted, so basically what you have to prepare for is soaking the 4k spirits for 4-5 minutes until you can tear down their 2k+ lives with the 10-20 damage you do to them.

Another option is the WW-assa (tad more expensive, needs a Chaos), but they are made viable by insane charms, and are mostly glorified Venom builds. At least these look cool, and can take down some of the melee paladins, all assassins (with Tgod you absorb their trap, see? :P), all amazons and most melee-druids.

I hope this was not too dissappointing. Wait, I hope it was!

PS: I got a PVP kicker, and she does good against amazons, but other characters kill her. Yes, she'd need insane charms too.
unrealshadow13,May 26 2004, 08:45 PM Wrote:Point taken mate ;) Why the wake of fire though?
My understanding is that in combination with Mind Blast it could put opponents in stunlock. I'm not sure if it still works this way in 1.1, but I still hear about PvPers using WoF.