a question about seals and 27 signs
A

Please look at below

http://diablo.xaonline.com/basic/act5-2.gif ,

1 from act1 to act5,all together 27

2 in D2 there are many signs(Seals) ,for example ,ACT4, in The Chaos Sanctuary there are five seals which has a strange sign on it

it is puzzle me , who know what means in each sign(Seals)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
B

and a question about arealvl :

in nomal diffcuity,there are no 19,20,30,31 arealvl ,where will appear19,20,30,31 mlvl monsters?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
C
There are 11 kinds chests ,how many kinds Jars( urns, boxes, crates,and such)?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
D

about Knock Back

when KB happens at a monster,
how long distance(yard) will the monster be back? ,
how long time Knock Back will be disappear at the monster ?

different monsters the same distance(yard) and same time?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------E
E

everyone knows SOJ ,who is JORDAN?

From NBA?

Cain is from history? or only a game character?
I am from china,I love you!
A: No one knows what the five seals in the Chaos Sanctuary mean. They are probably just random symbols supposed to look magical and important.

The small square tiles in the Quest Log are meant to symbolise the different quests. The one shown, for example shows a picture of Mount Arreat as it is where you will be doing the quest.

The quest for Anya (Called Prison of Ice) is symbolised with a prison cell door and the Act 2 Radament quest has small drops to symbolise Radament's poison for example.

C: Oof, thats a hard one:

There are great variety of different urns and jars in Act 2 and Act 5.

There are one kind of barrel and one kind of crate in Act 1. The barrels are everywhere indoors and the crate is only found in the Countess' Tower level 5.

There are also some things called hidden stashes. In act 1 they are various rocks. In act 3 they are small ornate pillars. In act 4 (and the "hell" areas of act 5) they are made of bone. In act 5 they are weird "pyramids".

There are beds that can be popped in act 1. In act 2 there are two large beds in the Harem. They have a sort of "roof" over them.

In act 3 there are 2 kinds of baskets. The most common are small and round and are kicked to splinters. There are also a less common basket in some of the dungeons that are kinda "cigar-shaped" and is opened instead of kicked apart.

There are small piles of rocks and skulls in act 3 that can be kicked apart.

In Act 5 there is a kind of rectangular baskets filled with bones.

In Act 5 there are also some strange things made of skeletons that rattles when you touch them.

In Act 4 there are trapped souls who can be "freed" for items. They are usually quite disgusting.

In Act 4 (and a few places in Act 5) there are some weird skeletons in a rectangular "frame".

In all acts but Act 4 there are Sarcophagi (stone caskets for burying people). In Act 1 they are grey and "european style". In Act 2 they look like something from ancient Egypt. In Act 3 they are made of rough stone. In Act 5 they are very shiny.

In Act 2 there are green bubbles of slime that can be popped.

In Act 2 and 3 there are small rat's nests filled with rats (and items), In Act 3 there are spider cocoons filled with baby spiders.

Then there are the Evil Urns of Act 5 that summons a pack of monsters when opened (those are fun) and the weapon rack and armor rack that gives you weapons or armor parts.

Oh yeah, and then there are all the corpses. In Act 1 they are rogues, in Act 2 they are town guards, In Act 3 they are ordinary people and in Act 5 they are male and female barbarians (the female ones are very tall and looks like Anya).

D: I don't know the exact distance the monster is knocked back, but Knockback is not like Stun. I doesn't "stay" on the monster. The monster is merely knocked a bit back and must walk the way again in order to reach you.

E: Jordan is the name of a famous river that runs in the Middle East. There is also a country named Jordan (after the river) and the name is used both as a first name and surname in America.

My personal guess is that the Stone of Jordan is named after the river.

There is indeed a man named Cain (or Kain) in the Bible (Old Testament).

But I do not believe that Deckard Cain in Diablo 2 has more to do with the biblical Cain than having the same name.

Deckard Cain is an important character in the Diablo storyline. He is the only surviving member of the Horadrim (the guys who trapped the Prime Evils in the Soulstones). He also appeared in Diablo 1 doing the same as he does in Diablo 2, though he wants payment for identifying in Diablo 1.
thank you very much!

i learned more
Quote:The quest for Anya (Called Prison of Ice) is symbolised with a prison cell door and the Act 2 Radament quest has small drops to symbolise Radament's poison for example.

I always saw the Radament symbol as an ankh (egyptian symbol for life and immortality, among other things) flanked by two tears symbolizing Atma's lost husband and son. Fits somewhat with the middle-east-ish motif of the act.

The game's filled with symbols, names, and art from real life.

The Stone of Jordan could as easily be someone's homage to Michael Jordan (of NBA fame) as a reference to the river Jordan. Only person who really knows is the designer who put it in (correct me if I'm wrong and missing something on the reference).

The Dirk, "the Diggler", is testament to the Diablo design team's lighthearted-ness regarding the game.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
thank Rinnhart very much

I have seen the art of Egypt\

I move one MAYA

http://bbs.battlecn.net/attachments/month_...iablo-mayan.jpg
lilianjie8836,May 27 2004, 03:21 AM Wrote:everyone knows SOJ ,who is JORDAN?

From  NBA?

According to the Christian/Jewish scriptures, recorded in the book of Joshua -- when Joshua and the children of Israel crossed over the river Jordan, the river dried up so that they did not get wet. To commemorate this miracle Joshua built a cairn (or as Blizzard has been known to misspell it, "carin") of "twelve stones in the midst of the Jordan...and they are there unto this day."

But obviously they have now been duped.

Edit: spelling
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
thank LavCat very much

I will go to Church to read it tomorrow
neurotoxin!
Don't forget Skulder's Ire. There was a post somewhere on the AB with a picture of Skulder's Office. :P It was very messy (probably because of everything he found).

P.S. Is it just me, or does this Arkaine fellow have too many Valors?
Obi2Kenobi,Jun 1 2004, 11:41 PM Wrote:P.S. Is it just me, or does this Arkaine fellow have too many Valors?
He's a busy fellow :P
Reminds me of my 7th grade science teacher. Upon learning that one student's grandmother had over 10 children...

"Wow! She must have been busy."
*Students laugh*
"What?"
*Teacher realizes what she said*
"I meant raising them..." :D

And to bring this back to the off topic...

When I first put that in my signature, it was just a joke, considering how rare it is. But then, enter the dupers. It seems all my ex-signature joke lines are true, now.
"And in more recent news, Baal was slain by a quill rat."
With the insane regeneration of monsters in Hell, this could happen if they were to fight each other...