Have I just been blind?
Today, I ran accross 'An evil force' in the City of the Damned. Never seen one of those before. When did they show up? Have I just not spent enough time in the CotD since 1.10 came out?

Also, I would just like to state, for the record, that laggy gaming is a harsh mistress. Battle.net currently thinks my CD key is in use by me (it was, just a minute ago). Meanwhile, my sorc is being flogged, beaten, and many other unpleasent things by a couple of abyss knights just outside hellforge. I wish I thought I could ever try hardcore... :(
</rant>

-V-
If you've ever done Meph runs, you might have been killed by a little scimitar thing that meph spawns. Maybe it's a trap or maybe it's a Meph spell; I'm sure somebody who belongs to the ISFILAML club will answer that.

Anyway, you can't target these sword guys, but if they kill you, it will say 'your name has been killed by an evil force.' What did the 'evil force' look like?

Get a new cdkey.
You mean the crazy little guys that pop out of the ground? I believe those are traps.
Hey Unreal,

No, not the things in Meph's chamber. I've seen those plenty of times. These were in the City of the Damned. They were standing in the archways of one of the ruined buildings, and were the same size and shape as the arch. They didn't seem to attack me, even when I stood right next to them.

They kind of look like a 2-D circulatory system, but shatter like glass if you hit them.

As for the CD key, I don't think that is the problem. It was just a large lag spike in my internet service. Battle.net does not release your CD key for a moment, but on the second try I can usually log back in. Normally this is not a problem, and I can often resume the same game I have been playing. It was a problem today, though, because of the abyss knights. Hence, I do not play hardcore, because most of my characters would never leave normal, and none would ever leave nightmare. C'est la vie...

-V-
That's the Stained Glass City. It's been around since the early days of D2, but spawns fairly rarely. 1.10 now labels them as "An Evil Force", whereas before they got no label at all. They do no damage and grant little experience, but are rather entertaining to destroy.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
I have seen more of D2X than the chatedral :(

I really liked to smash expensive-looking windows. Ah well. Collecting Annihili somehow compensates for this. But not really.
Bun-Bun,May 28 2004, 10: Wrote:That's the Stained Glass City. It's been around since the early days of D2, but spawns fairly rarely. 1.10 now labels them as "An Evil Force", whereas before they got no label at all. They do no damage...
I seem to recall, way back in some earlier patch of D2C (1.04, I believe), that a melee character of mine once smashed some of the stained glass windows and was injured (by falling shards of glass?) when they broke. I remember being surprised by it since I had broken the windows with other characters and they weren't affected. Upon reflection, I realized that my other characters were all ranged characters who weren't standing near the windows when they broke.

After patch 1.05 came along, I never saw the stained-glass city again until sometime after the expansion. Even then, I think I've only come across it maybe 2 or 3 times in the past couple of years of playing.

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
Does somebody have a screenshot of this thing?
*edited*
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
unrealshadow13,May 29 2004, 02:25 PM Wrote:Does somebody have a screenshot of this thing?
Here is an old STSI of it, although the windows are out of place.

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
That's it. Thanks for the STSI link, Grayloch.

This is what I love about the lounge. The collective level of knowledge surrounding this game is simply amazing.

-V-