Just a simple question
Hi,

Some may concider this cheating, so excuse me.
But, is there a utilitie available that allowes your new character to start directly in Nightmare?
Single player.

Thank you,
Anders
It is actually build directly into the game as a debug tool. The parameter is -act5. It will only take you to Act 5 normal though. It will also make you start at level 30. I guess it was made for the LoD testers to test the new act 5 without having to bother with the rest of the game.

In many single-player circles it is seen as a very dodgy thing to do and you won't automatically get any quest rewards so you will probably want to go back to the other acts and fetch those nice skill-points and resist scrolls and such.

Personally I don't think it's worth it. I kinda enjoy the low-level game.
Hear hear! To me it's challenging to see how far into Act 1 I can get without using a single skill or attribute point. My record so far is Cemetary Gal.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Or, you could try and have a bit of fun and do an Act 1 pacifist run from scratch start.

That means: Do not kill a single monster unless a quest specifically demands it. I would wager it would be doable, though the only xp you'll ever get is for the Den of Evil, Blood Raven, the Countess and Andariel.

Oh yeah, of course all mercs and summons are banned unless it is something harmless like an Oak Sage.