What happened to .swf....
Bloody Hell difficulty... Why can't we use *.swf files as our avatar anymore?
No ta.
You don't know what you're talking about.
unrealshadow13,May 31 2004, 01:48 PM Wrote:Bloody Hell difficulty... Why can't we use *.swf files as our avatar anymore?
You may want to examine this thread for your answer.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

I can't help thinking this thread has nothing to do with Diablo II.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Quote: I can't help thinking this thread has nothing to do with Diablo II.

I can't help but think that you're probably right. I guess I should have posted this somewhere else -_-;

What a bother tho... Now I've got to have a static avatar :(
unrealshadow13 Wrote:What a bother tho... Now I've got to have a static avatar  :(
You don't, actually. Animated .gifs still work fine.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
EDIT: Curses. Remind me not to duplicate my Reply windows next time. Sorry!
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
Gif's are poop.
Congratulations on graduating from first grade? :lol:
If it makes youo feel better, I've never seen your swf avatar :)
Quote:Congratulations on graduating from first grade?

I am entitled to my opinion. Disrespecting my opinion via insults could be considered flaming.
unrealshadow13,Jun 1 2004, 09:40 AM Wrote:Disrespecting my opinion via insults could be considered flaming.
I apologize if it came across as a flame. I was commenting directly to the statement "gif's are poop." Just a joking jab at the maturity level.

No offense ment, and many pardons if I did insult.

A quick grammar nit, it's 'I'm not a swf'

-Munk
I took 30 seconds and made this

[Image: silly.gif]

I don't know what the advantage is to swf's. This file is just under 10k.

I am in agreement with banning swf's, and that is not something ment as a personal attack. I personally find it distracting to the text on the page. As pretty as Bolty's made the website, I'm not here for the eyecandy. :P

Although I must say animated Gif's aren't too much better, anyone remember Vick's Neon Flashing Lobstos? :lol:

-Munk

Edit: Added
I misclicked, and deleted your post by accident. There was nothing wrong with your post. I was trying to delete arun_croll's. Sorry!
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Moving this to the Lounge, since it has nothing to do with Diablo II...

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
The reason I am unhappy about the bannaging of *.swf is because I don't know have a gifmaker, where as I do have Macromedia Flash.

Thanks for the spell check.

What does 'ph34r marqees' mean? By the way, I'm touched that you remembered my avatar :D

Thanks for clearing up the flame thing -_-;

Thanks for deleting that post by arun_croll; I'm sorry I ever showed him this site.

Gif's are feces.
And GIF animators are hardly difficult to come by.

Why, Look! Here's one now!

While I agree that swf's are better that GIFs in that they allow greater flexibility, I think that there's nothing wrong at all with an animated GIF for something as small as an avatar. Ideally an MNG would be nicer, but try getting IE to display one of those. ;)
unrealshadow13,Jun 1 2004, 05:27 PM Wrote:What does 'ph34r marqees' mean?
A 'Scrolling Marquee' is the name for text that 'scrolls' across the screen, or in this case the box.

A few years ago scrolling marquees were the 2nd most annoying java script used on websites (the first being the damn 'slider' fades people put on exit or entering of sites).

Thankfully times have changed, sites started using flash and have stopped overusing horizontal bars. :D

Part of me is older than it should be, I don't like things moving around or flashing when I'm trying to read, though I promise to do my best to tolerate :). And apologize for my gut reaction towards them.

-Munk
Munkay,Jun 1 2004, 08:44 PM Wrote:A few years ago scrolling marquees were the 2nd most annoying java script used on websites (the first being the damn 'slider' fades people put on exit or entering of sites).
Marquees are not necessarily Javascript. Netscape heralded one browser release which included support of the marquee tag (standard HTML format, non-standard command). IE quickly inherited this feature, and the mainstream annoyance started.

Nowadays, the same people that made marquee an easy-access command have made an easy way to turn viewing it off via a simple preference change in Mozilla/Firefox/etc. They, at least, have learned their lesson.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Thanks for clarification :)

The third most annoying one used javascripting though, the "please enter you name so we can personalize the site for you" box that would pop up. Just so your name, lets say 'bob' could appear at the top of the page. :lol:

-Munk