Beware...
This guy made a game titled 'My shako ur SS'. I had just gotten an SS off of Baal (my first one ever) and needed a Shako badly. When I went to trade with him, he had a Topazed Shako in trade window. We tried to trade 3 times, and it wasn't working. I was being hasty with the Check button, and on the fourth time, the guy swapped the Shako for a Socketed cap with a saphire in it (givign it the greenish tinge).

Just a warning for you all, and I'm sure most of you do anyway, and I usually do, but look extra hard at what item you're trading for, even if they don't have enough room or the trade thing goes red or something. They need to have a smiley face that's crying on this forum...
Oldest trick in the book.
Really? EL OH EL Now I feel stupid-er -_-;
Quote: the guy swapped the Shako for a Socketed cap with a saphire in it

Actually, it was an emerald (otherwise it would be a blue cap).

I fell for it something like a year ago (but the guy had a shako with a chipped emerald) and lost 5 sojs... It was the first and last time i got ripped off (not counting the time i traded a cranium basher for an eaglehorn only to see eagle's price fall astronomicaly as the basher raised to the stars in a few days).

Anyway, who needs 5 sojs or a crappy eaglehorn! (that bow SUCKED compared with my 2-socketed cruel (299%) matrialchal of evisceration (+50) ) Shame that i could never find cool jewels to put into it.

Anyway, im going too O/T... A shame, hope you find another ss soon.
Blind me please,
I am on my hands and knees
I can only pray
Take my sun away, away...
First rule of trading: if anything feels shifty, you just quit. NO, and I repeat, NO flaming is required before you do that, calling them a "Scamming little buyyah" won't change anything.

Apart from your mood :)

btw. there is another one when they keep moving the objects around. This sort of interferes with the disable-the-tick packet, and they can change the item without your tick turning red. I believe some sort of hack is needed for this to work, but anyway, if he moves the objects around, ESC.

About the current Shako/Storm thing. I hope you wrote down his account name. It is incredibly important that you know the next time when you meet any of his characters (yes, I am a sexist and I cannot believe that any female can be a lowlife scammer, now flame away). I urge you to recognize him in every form, and do NOT bring in your 3k-life enigma boneomancer to kill him repeatedly. Yes, I think it is very important.
I posted a lot of tips and tricks for making sure you get the item you were going after, as well as some semi-recent info concerning item values in Skie's Guide to Trading. This contains mostly values for softcore ladder on USEast, so if you play different realms or hardcore, please note that values of certain items fluctuate wildly.
There's a list of trading scams to be on the lookout for here on diabloii.net. The one you fell for is listed under "The Old Switcheroo".
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Hey Unreal (its Jake off of USwest
Dont feel too Stupid because back in my days i have not been carful with these trading scams going around , i can never keep up with them but it happens (hopfully you can find another one:))
USWEST ----Rojo-Caliente >>ladder<<
Lvl -72 Durid
Lvl -24 Sorcress