LVL 85 Areas. Is the TC of the monsters changed?
Ok, can I really drop anything in the game in the lvl 85 areas (such as Pit, Ancient Tunnels, etc)?

What is the TC max of monsters who have their LVL modified by the Area LVL overlay?

Dave
The TCs do get upgraded. Monsters in level 85 areas can drop TC87 (the highest in the game).

There are, however, items you can't get there, including the Annihilus (drops only from the DC), the Cow King set (drops only in the cow level) and certain affixes on magic/rare items (since some need very high ilvls).
Thanks Adeyke,

I guess I asked too general. I do know about Annihilus and Cow Kings.

On the ilvl front I suspect the one we cant get is +2 to charater skills (ilvl 90) are there others?

Dave
There are others.

It just gets a bit complicated, since the alvl of an item (which determines what affixes can spawn) is based on both the ilvl and the qlvl. An mlvl 85 monster will drop an ilvl 85 item. However, the alvl could vary from 71 to 85, depending on what the base item is.

There are affixes in the 72-85 range, meaning they can spawn on some ilvl 85 items but not others. There are also affixes in the 86+ range, meaning they can't spawn on any ilvl 85 items.

(It should also be noted that champions in those areas are mlvl 87 and that bosses and minions in those areas are mlvl 88, meaning there are items those can drop that normal monsters can't. For example, there are three uniques that require ilvl 87+ to spawn, so they can come from champions, minions and bosses, but not normal monsters).
Also note, ilvl 85 items with mag_lvl can get affixes with alvl 86 and above, so in particular Coronets, Tiaras and Diadems dropped in level 85 areas can spawn +2 skills (even Circlets can if they are dropped by Champions or Uniques).

I favour the institution of some standard disclaimers for answering these kinds of questions.
* except Annihilus and the Cow King Set, and
# except items with mag_lvl
;)
"Thank you. We always have a shortage of unfounded opinions, so this will really help us. " - adeyke