Warrior
Hi.

Me and my friend have been discussing recenly what is the best setup for a Warrior. I said this.

Helm: RC
Ammy: Obs/Zod
Armour: Awesome/Precision or Awesome/Stars
Ring 1 : Obs/Zod
Ring 2: Obs/zod
Shield: Awesome/tiger or Awesoem/Wolf
Weapon: King sword of haste.

My mate said it was all wrong o what do you think.
Diablo One Forever. Diablo Two is the Darkside

xXERISEDXx
There is no "best." Good items depend on your style : tank, law, stealth, CC user, axe warrior, turtle mage, etc. Moreover, ideal items can vary by situation.

Quote:Helm: RC
Ammy: Obs/Zod
Armour: Awesome/Precision or Awesome/Stars
Ring 1 : Obs/Zod
Ring 2: Obs/zod
Shield: Awesome/tiger or Awesoem/Wolf
Weapon: King sword of haste

Evaluating for a Tank Warrior (for PvM)...
  • Helm : Royal Circlet is quite nice (for most any style, really). On pure melee dlvls, I tend to think Gotter has it beat, though.
    <>
  • Armor : Awe/Stars or Awe/Precision Full Plate are both exceedingly good. Due to the block bonus, I'd prefer either of them to Harmony, Deflection, Ages, or other +Stat suffixes.
    <>
  • Jewelry : Unless you get some really bad Obsidian jewels, there's no need for three of them. Two minimum Obsidians will still net you 62% res all (13% from max res all). I'd say Zodiac's the preferred suffix providing you have max block.
    <>
  • Shield : If you want pure AC, you might consider Godly/Ages. Awe/Tiger's great, of course, but not everyone has the same tastes here. I tend to prefer ASoT because it's easier to find and I consider HPs more useful than a little bit more AC.
    <>
  • Weapon : KSoSpeed > KSoHaste because it costs less to repair and does the same thing. KSoVampires can be very useful as well, particularly in areas where Haste is not essential. I rather like KSoV for Hell/Church-Cats runs because mana enables me to remain down much longer.<>
    [st]
    -Lemmy
Heh, seems like a damn good warrior setup to me, if youve got all the equipment of course.

For arguments sake, what does your friend recomend for a vanilla warrior?
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
LemmingofGlory,Jun 3 2004, 03:19 PM Wrote:There is no "best."
[Image: NoBest.jpg]

As for the best all-around Warrior setup, I think Bolty is 100% correct. I can't disagree with any of his recommendations.
Oh, um DeeBye
Your pictures are upside-down/backwards.

Just a heads up. Thought you'd like to know.
Grarrrg,Jun 3 2004, 10:07 PM Wrote:Oh, um DeeBye

Are you sure? They look okay to me.
Are you being sarcastic? Your avatar is upside down, and your signature is backwards. Been that way for a while, didn't know if you did it on purpose or not.
Obi2Kenobi,Jun 3 2004, 11:55 PM Wrote:Are you being sarcastic? Your avatar is upside down, and your signature is backwards. Been that way for a while, didn't know if you did it on purpose or not.
My avatar and sig look fine on my end.
Quote:My avatar and sig look fine on my end.

Actually it was like that for a while now...though I thought it was intentional. Its fixed now though.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Grarrrg,Jun 4 2004, 03:07 AM Wrote:Oh, um DeeBye

Please don't feed the animals!

You know you're just playing into the evil genuis' hands, don't you? He got me some time ago. I tried to fix the problem and ended up having my mouse and camera fall off my laptop. My typing was even worse than usual too what with having to hit the keys from underneath. Please, please, please don't feed the flame of his madness!
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Three Obsidian items is overkill. Considering that Resistances cap out at 75%, two high-end Obs will shovel out that amount, and that's not even taking into account any Unique items you choose to equip that offer Resistances.

Secondly the whole +All Attributes theme you're going for is, on paper, quite sound. But this rather creates a "Red Ribbon" fighter— the guy who is reasonably good at everything, but not spectacular in any one facet. A fellow who will never take first place in a pissing contest, but won't come in third place either.

You can pump up his Strength and carry emphasis on bone-shattering damage (then use the high Tohit% of a wep or go statue-bashing to compensate for the low Dex). Or rely on high Dexterity for Perfect Block (thus freeing some armor requirements to raise your Mana or whatnot), good ToHit%, and use something like Civerb's Cudgel for demon-smacking damage. Or pump Magic, learn a lot of high level spells, pick up a Dreamflange mace, and end up dazzling the crowd impersonating a Tank Mage. But you can't really do all three of those at once. Sure, you'll have a Warrior with reasonable numbers by relying on Zodiac/Stars equipment, but those are numbers. We're human, and humans tend to gravitate towards styles.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Rhydd, I have to disagree a bit on your commentary about +all items. For most warriors, I don't think there is any doubt that +all is the best suffix possible on many item slots. Almost all warriors benefit heavily from at least two stats, and usually 3 (with at least some benefits from the fourth). +11 to all is almost always better than +20 to one. +20 to all really blows away +30 to one. The only problem is that you don't always find ideal items, and so you have to compromise. Using perfection items for blocking on a midlevel warrior is a good example of such compromise. If a high level warrior is using jewelry of perfection, one can only assume he hasn't found a heavens or zod with the same prefix, or he just likes using suboptimal gear.

Turtle mages and cudgel warriors may be exceptions in this regard. But then, those aren't necessarily "optimal" styles either :) In hell/hell where spamming chain lightning doesn't cut it and the cudgel thumper has to make too many sacrifices to gain accuracy, the easiest styles tend to involve a combination of high life and resistances, good blocking and/or AC, good chance to hit, and some use of support spells... good conditions for +all items if you can find them.
Helm of Sprits
Awesome Full Plate Mail of Harmony
King's Sword of Haste/Speed
Obsidian Shield of the Tiger
Obsidian/Zodiac
Dragon/Zodiac x2
King's/Vampire sword on the switch

My other setup:
Helm of Sprits
Obsidian/Mammoth-Stars Armor
King's Sword of Haste/Speed
Obsidian Shield of the Tiger
Dragon/Zodiac x3
King/Vampire sword on switch
"Hi."
If you intend to start a game, then the best setup is:

Short Sword for animals and club for undead
buckler for blocking
iron skull cap bought at Griswold's

If you intend to find the setup you described in less than 100 hell runs, then go and play Lotto
If you intend to find the setup you described eventually after 10000+ hell runs, then write down a testament for you will die before it happens.
If you intend to cheat up your setup then don't post on this forum.

-- Aykavil
Hi,

If you intend to find the setup you described . . .
If you intend to cheat up your setup then don't post on this forum.

I seem to have missed where he even mentioned anything about actually *getting* that setup. And do you subscribe to capital punishment of newborns because they *may* grow up to be murderers, or do you only jump to conclusions in fora?

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?