Who?
Hail everyone.

I'm going to start a new single player D2 LOD character and I wonder who to choose. \I have a choice of Assasin or Druid I havn't been either yet and was hoping someone could help.

Thanks in advance :)
Diablo One Forever. Diablo Two is the Darkside

xXERISEDXx
Eh. If you want to play a druid, play a druid. If you want to play an assassin, play an assassin. Or you can create two new characters.
If I were you, I'd decide what playing style you enjoy the most and read various guides on both characters to see which of the two is most adaptable to your favoured style.

As for me, I prefer ranged combat and the ability to kill ots of people instead of having a tank running around killing each monster individually. Therefore I tend to choose sorceress and amazon over barbarian or a paladin.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Druids and assasins are more flexible characters than the other ones, since both have magic types and close combat types. I'm guessing you have 1.10, so if you're looking for ranged/magic Trappassins and elemental druids are for you. Shapeshifters and martial artists are for close fighting. I don't know about martial artists but fury/werewolf druids play a lot like Zeal paladins or other fast attacking/close in characters, Werebear druids seem like warcry/concentrate barbs, since shockwave stuns in an area and maul and wearbear add a lot of damage to a single hit. Fire Druids play a lot like sorceresses that mostly use blizzard, firewall, or other timered spells. Wind druids play like sorceresses that use a timered/non-timered combination. Trapassins are good if you want to attack from very far away, as traps themselves can be laid at the edge of the screen and lightning traps shoot very far. Otherwise trappers play in between fire and wind druids. For all these builds, use shadow disciplines/summoning for support, you'll see which ones when in other threads. There are also builds that use mostly use shadow disciplins or sumoning, blade fury, etc., but I just described the main builds out right now.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)