Newbie Question. New game losses?
I never started a New game to power up my Warrior more until just this week after FINALLY finding a copy of HellFire.

I found when I did so. That my Griswold sword had been turned into a Greater Rune of fire! :angry:

And, all of the bonus points to my armor from a Shrine that added 2 points each back to thier original stats? :(

So, obviously there are some kind of rules concerning what you can carry over. None of the D1/Hellfire sites I've found cover any of this thus far.

So, what I'm wondering is what can anyone tell me for certain on what is allowed and what can cary over and what is lost.

Example. I know that there is a very rare Shrine that gives you 1 level to all Spells! (DROOOOOLLLL!!!) :D As a warrior who has it hard opening books. That one is perfect!

But, would that be effected when I start a new game like it did my AC Shrine bonus? :(

Worse. If I make an item indesructable with the hellfire oils. Will they stay indestructable?

It really sux to go through all that trouble hauling all my favourite armour I was saving for certain levels to get the armour bonus just to have it taken away! What's the point in bonuses if they're going to take them away. And, is there a patch for it.

Special NOTE!! I read how folks use the "CornerStone of the World" in Hellfire to exchange stuff with other players. I put the Completed note in the Nakru test on it and it showed up in the NEW GAME!! I figure this would be a great way to carry a large item like some body armor or a shield to a new game since we're limited to what can be carried in your inventory.

I'm also hoping to see if it's free of the ANTI BONUSES factor that swiped my AC bonuses. If it does. Then one can take some indestructable item a shield or something and keep carrying it over with the ACCUMULATIVE AC bonuses slowly making it a super item!!

I'm also concerned with what kind of effect carrying a Quest item over might have. Note. The Rune that replace my Griswold sword wasn't in my open inventory but in the square for actual use. I quit without saving it. and switched it with another and got the same rune in place of my sword.

And, when I place my cursor over it. It read "Ice Shank" the name of one of my other swords. With Zero listed for things like point damage and such. The Rune did work as a fire weapon BTW.

Any experiences and info are welcomed. Jim
Quote:I found when I did so. That my Griswold sword had been turned into a Greater Rune of fire!

If you transported a D1 character to HF, then, yeah, morphing's going to occur. Sometimes quest items morph between SP games anyway.

Quote:And, all of the bonus points to my armor from a Shrine that added 2 points each back to thier original stats?

The effects of Weird Shrine and Gloomy Shrine last only for the current game.

Quote:So, obviously there are some kind of rules concerning what you can carry over. None of the D1/Hellfire sites I've found cover any of this thus far.

Jarulf's Guide -- Downloadable
Jarulf's Guide -- Online

Quote:Example. I know that there is a very rare Shrine that gives you 1 level to all Spells! (DROOOOOLLLL!!!) As a warrior who has it hard opening books. That one is perfect!

I don't know than any shrine is rarer than any other. Enchanted Shrine has the following effect: +1 to all spell levels, -2 levels to one spell. The spell that gets hit by the -2 is only 1 spell level lower than it was before (net loss of 1 slvl), unless it was at maximum level. This shrine only works for spells that you already know. It won't give you levels in spells you haven't read yet.

Quote:But, would that be effected when I start a new game like it did my AC Shrine bonus?

Modifications to player hp, mana, stats, and spell levels are permanent.

Quote:Worse. If I make an item indesructable with the hellfire oils. Will they stay indestructable?

Durability modifications are permanent.

Quote:I'm also hoping to see if it's free of the ANTI BONUSES factor that swiped my AC bonuses. If it does. Then one can take some indestructable item a shield or something and keep carrying it over with the ACCUMULATIVE AC bonuses slowly making it a super item!!

I'm pretty sure item properties reset in new games. For example, some uniques exist which require you to find another unique before they can drop. e.g. Finding the "Inferno" Long Sword requires finding Diamondedge first. If CoW is used to transfer Inferno, it'll morph into Diamondedge. So, I would expect your "Gloomed" armor to reset as well.

Quote:I'm also concerned with what kind of effect carrying a Quest item over might have. Note. The Rune that replace my Griswold sword wasn't in my open inventory but in the square for actual use. I quit without saving it. and switched it with another and got the same rune in place of my sword.

The morphed item probably has exactly the same properties the game tells you it has. Generally speaking, 0-0 damage weapons aren't good. :p

-Lemmy
Thanx! That helped alot. I'll still have to do some experimenting to see what does what. One of my first ones will be to see how many of these rules apply to items hidden on the "Cornerstone of the World". Since it was designed as a way to help folks exchange between games. If nothing else. It's still a great way to get some large shield or armor into your new game when you lack the space to carry over. ;o) Jim http://groups.yahoo.com/group/simthemedfantasy1/