More Questions
I have a bunch of little questions, which are probably easily answered, I just can't figure them out. :(

1) What does the term, "Cannot Be Frozen", actually mean? In my experiences so far, Normal and Nightmare, it hasn't meant that I cannot be frozen and/or severely slowed.

2) If Iceblink is the normal, unique, "cold" armor, is there an exceptional and/or elite, unique, "cold" armor?

3) Am I the only person who is quickly becoming addicted to Magic Arrow? My next character is going to be a Inner Sight/Magic Arrow amazon, just to see how well it works with its originator. ;)

4) <glances toward adeyke> How many different "Magic Arrow" bows are there in this game?

5) What would be the benefits of upgrading a normal, unique Iceblink to exceptional?

6) Is it possible to upgrade an exceptional Iceblink to elite and, if so, what would be the advantages/benefits in doing this?

To save space, I will just post here, as more questions come to mind.

Thank you,
Myztyk

edit: added questions 5 & 6 - June 15, 2004
". . . and there never grew up in any of the continents of the globe nor upon any planet or satellite or star, nor upon the asteroids, nor in any part of ethereal space, nor in the midst of density, nor under the fluid wet of the sea, nor in that condition which precedes the birth of babes, nor at any time during the changes of life, nor in that condition that follows what we term death, nor in any stretch of abeyance or action afterward of vitality, nor in any process of formation or reformation anywhere, a being whose instinct hated the truth."
-- Walt Whitmam
Quote:1) What does the term, "Cannot Be Frozen", actually mean? In my experiences so far, Normal and Nightmare, it hasn't meant that I cannot be frozen and/or severely slowed.
It just means you're unaffected by the slowing effects associated with cold damage.

Quote:2) If Iceblink is the normal, unique, "cold" armor, is there an exceptional and/or elite, unique, "cold" armor?
Aside from an upgraded Iceblink, I don't think there are any.

Quote:4) <glances toward adeyke> How many different "Magic Arrow" bows are there in this game?

Witherstring: Fires level 3 magic arrows
Wizendraw: Fires level 5 magic arrows
Witchwild String: Fires level 20 magic arrows
Widowmaker: Fires level 11 magic arrows
Quote:1) What does the term, "Cannot Be Frozen", actually mean? In my experiences so far, Normal and Nightmare, it hasn't meant that I cannot be frozen and/or severely slowed

It means you can't be chilled by cold damage. Holy freeze will still slow you, though.

Quote:2) If Iceblink is the normal, unique, "cold" armor, is there an exceptional and/or elite, unique, "cold" armor?

An upgraded Iceblink ;).

I guess maybe you could also call Duriel's Shell cold-themed, since it has a lot of cold resistance and cannot be frozen on it. There isn't any exceptional unique freezing armour.

Quote:3) Am I the only person who is quickly becoming addicted to Magic Arrow? My next character is going to be a Inner Sight/Magic Arrow amazon, just to see how well it works with its originator.

Many people like magic arrow situationally. It's a nice skill when you don't want to waste arrows and when you want to deal some magic damage. Personally, I wouldn't like it as my primary skill, as it affects only a single target (ignoring pierce).

Quote:4) <glances toward adeyke> How many different "Magic Arrow" bows are there in this game?

Widowmaker - slvl 11
Witchwild String - svl 20
Witherstring - slvl 3
Wizendraw - slvl 5
M'avina's Caster - slvl 1
I'd prefer Guided Arrow to Magic Arrow. Although Magic Arrow can be very handy early on, when your mana pool is very small, you have no leech, and sometimes will not have enough money to buy more ammo, Guided Arrow will add much more damage, and be a much more effective weapon against moving targets.
unrealshadow13,Jun 13 2004, 07:07 PM Wrote:I'd prefer Guided Arrow to Magic Arrow. Although Magic Arrow can be very handy early on, when your mana pool is very small, you have no leech, and sometimes will not have enough money to buy more ammo, Guided Arrow will add much more damage, and be a much more effective weapon against moving targets.
You're mostly missing the point of magic arrow there, though. It has zero mana cost over a certain point investment making mana leech (and, indeed, mana) unnecessary, it can pierce, and it deals magic damage which fewer monster types resist (and fewer still are immune to).
You don't know what you're talking about.
A high level (20+) magic arrow is an excellent choice for a bowazon left click attack. Zero mana cost, no arrows used up, and adds a decent ammount of magic damage (1% per skill level, which does count +skills). Providing your valk is up to the task of tanking, you can plink away at even the nastiest physical immune bosses with relative ease. Also, don't count out the added damage of the skill grants (+1 damage per sklvl after lvl 1, IIRC). It can add more to your damage than you may think, particularly at the low-mid levels. Having a free to use bow skill that adds 20+ to your damage in late norm and early nightmare helps much more than a low level guided arrow could.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
My Rune-rushees use 20 magic arrow 20 valk to take out nm baal at level 4x. Wonderful combo. Don't know about normal play, though.
First, I would like to thank everyone who responded. Your advice and contributions are appreciated.

A status report:
In normal play, the only group that seemed less than impressed with Magic Arrow was Lister and his crowd of four armed, Minions of Destruction. So far, in nightmare, Andariel seemed amused by both Holy Freeze and Magic Arrow, all others succumbed quietly.
I was running around the blood pool in the antechamber shouting at her, "You're supposed to die!!!" and her sarcastic reply was, "Oh???" Instead of drinking mana potions, my ranger spent his free time drinking stamina potions.
I am anticipating Duriel being equally uncooperative with a lot less room to run around in.

Wish me luck,
Myztyk
". . . and there never grew up in any of the continents of the globe nor upon any planet or satellite or star, nor upon the asteroids, nor in any part of ethereal space, nor in the midst of density, nor under the fluid wet of the sea, nor in that condition which precedes the birth of babes, nor at any time during the changes of life, nor in that condition that follows what we term death, nor in any stretch of abeyance or action afterward of vitality, nor in any process of formation or reformation anywhere, a being whose instinct hated the truth."
-- Walt Whitmam
Is this in single player?
No. This is on b.net. USWest. Ladder.

edit: added the word ladder and a period ( . )
-- Walt Whitmam
Disregard questions 5 and 6. I figured out how to use Adeyke's armor calculator and found the answers to those two questions.

I'll have to start reading the fine print on everyone's signatures from now on. :lol:
-- Walt Whitmam