D2Accelerator for 1.10
Took way too long and it wasn't even done properly, but I figure I have to leave you guys with something. ;)

D2Accelerator MPQ for 1.10 here

Source code for uncompleted executable version here

For those who don't know, this is a client-side mod that lowers graphical detail to help the game run better on slow computers. It's MPQ based like most mods, but as it effects only client-side things, it can be used to play in singleplayer or multiplayer with standard D2 and cause no compatibility issues.

Features:

- Simplifies the laggier spell effects to greatly improve framerate.
- Fire effects "of doom" are much faster now.
- Removed blood splatters, these can be a problem when they pile up.
- Removes shadow drawing from monsters and objects.
- Remove light radius from most monsters.
- Remove light from auras and curse type effects.
- Disabled lava animations.
- Removes weather effects.

The final verison of Seven Lances mod I'll have any part in, 1.24, was also released. Click the link in the sig for more info.

As for why the rush, well I'm about to enter 9 weeks of intensive language camp, and then 6+ years of a PhD. And the Diablo habit has got to be cut out of that.

Many kudos to Bolty for the great site, as well as other help and support. Not everyone's been around long enough, but the Lounge was really the birthplace of Seven Lances mod. Plus it's still hosting my Hellfire Monk guide. (Yeah, it's not great, but it's not like I had any competition. :rolleyes: ) It's been truly an honor to have been a part of this place for so long. :)
and Thank You, Foxbat. :D

Best wishes on the academic front.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Quote:It's been truly an honor to have been a part of this place for so long.  :)

You'll always be a part of this place! :) We will miss your insight and knowledge, and wish you the best of luck your journey. The door will always be open for you to wander in at any point along the way, and we will always be ready to greet you with smiling faces and an eager ear.

Cheers,
Munk
Never
Troll.
Best of luck, FoxBat. Make sure you pop in every now and then to let us know how you're doing. :)
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
You will be missed... :(

But good luck with your PhD! :D

ergates
FoxBat,Jun 10 2004, 11:02 PM Wrote:As for why the rush, well I'm about to enter 9 weeks of intensive language camp, and then 6+ years of a PhD.  And the Diablo habit has got to be cut out of that.
Congrats on taking on a PhD Foxbat. What is it in, and why is it going to take 6 years? (I think it takes 2-3 years over here in the third world :P ) Is the language camp indicating that you are doing a PhD in a non-native language? Sorry to be so confused :P

Anyway, D2 is a very easy game to quit, I should know, I've quit 5 times and counting!

Best wishes,
whyBish
--Double post over a 3 min time period??
Goodbye FoxBat and all the best with your thesis!
Goodluck Foxbat! :)

Don't be a stranger and drop in to say hi every now and then, okay? :D
And you do not ask the cost...