Denouncing the War against Hell
[ Wrote:Angel,Jun 19 2004, 12:42 AM] You better not be making fun of Kerrigan!

My sweet, sweet Sarah. I love you still, even in your hideously deformed state.

My dear Queen! I swell with awe and fear.

edit: yes! Still slightly drunk.
Just like in that other thread, I'm not talking about Kerrigan herself, just the way warcraft 3 used too much of a good idea. Kerrigan was really good in starcraft, but when the same type of character shows up several times in one story, it makes the storyline a lot less interesting. I really noticed this with Sylvanis, who was exactly like Kerrigan but fighting over less. Ironically, the Sylvanis part was the better storyline part of the undead campagn in frozen throne, wose whole storyline when put together I didn't like.

Speaking of frozen throne, it's interesting how the D2 and frozen throne terrain is in the same general order, and even the "wierd" terrain is prety similar.
Comparing the terain:

Lorderan=western kingdoms (both are settled ares with farms, roads, grass, etc.)
Monastery=dalaran (monastery is a big city-like area that is sort of magical, everything is stone built with some grass, Dalaran is a big magic city with mostly streets and some grass)
Barens=Lut Gholein (desert)
Kurast jungle=both ashenvale and sunken ruins (sunken ruins is easy, both are jungles, ashenvale is a stretch, but is heavily forested area like the jungle)
Kurast/travincal=dalaran ruins (ruins have tropical water/beaches, streets are the same color, both are empty city areas)
Outland=hell (Both giant red rock slabs, you take a portal from Kurast/ruins to these areas)
Undead Lordeerean=foothills to plateau (Foothills and plateau have mostly treesttle snow, more rocky than act 1 like undead lorderean seems more rocky, this one is another stretch)
Rest of act 5=northrend (it's all snowy, icecrow glacier sort of like worldsti=one keep as underground area at top of the world where everyone wants to go.

Starcraf thas a similar order but I don't feel like writing it here. Some of these are stretches but the general order is the same.

Edit: made less complaint for the terrain, more "this is interesting".
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
The drunkeness is an excuse for any misprints, the Sarah-enfatuation is very (scarily) real. Just ask me when sober.

Sweet Sarah. You might have fallen, and I know you'd never sink so low as to shred me to pieces, but I'd let you anyway.

Damn you, Arcturus! I will see you bleed for this.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Given that all the Undead do is transform the living into foul mockeries of their former selves, a few "kerrigan" characters are expected.

Illidan needed to decide if he was going to be evil and power hungry or not and stick with it. Oh well.

As to the terrain complaint... there's sorta only so many ways you can portray war-ravaged landscapes. Forests, moorlands, and jungles tend to look alike as well. I don't really see the problem.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
I'm just saying it was wierd how the order was the same, not the actual terrain. Warcraft 3 had a different enough possible story from diablo that it's wierd they used the terrain in the same order. Basically, I'm pointing out the order instead of what the terrain is, and some of the comparisons are more of a stretch than others. I also wrote it more as a complaint than what it is, and am going back to edit it.

One terrain order example: I thought before getting the game that the undead would go to northrend, than go to the twisting nether to fight the demons. The human campaign would move around from Jaina's group to the dwarves to Azeroth.

Also, sure there will be some Kerrigan type characters, but when a there are three or so storylines with characters like that, the idea gets boring quickly. Plus the Sylvanis part was a copy of Brood war Kerigan, and Sylvanis hadn't been a major part of the story. Of course, I didn't like the frozen throne story as a whole, so only part of that is the Kerigan characters.

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
[ Wrote:Angel,Jun 19 2004, 02:39 AM] , the Sarah-enfatuation is very (scarily) real. Just ask me when sober.

Sweet Sarah. You might have fallen, and I know you'd never sink so low as to shred me to pieces, but I'd let you anyway.

Damn you, Arcturus! I will see you bleed for this.
Hi Angel

Since you're into Sarah, how about a look at her younger sister :rolleyes:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date...004-06-23&res=l

good karma

P.S. This will teach me to preview my posts ;)

@ Nuur Hope you didn't get any indecent thoughts :P
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Quote:Since you're in Sarah, how about a look at her younger sister

Please, PLEASE! make that "since your into Sarah..."

trust me on this one

:blink:

and Angel, did you have to use the word "swell"?? :P

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Splendid stuff!
If you want more to the story:

Some angels in heaven argued against the use of geothermal power, arguing that the heat and fumes from the lava would damage the air that the spirits in heaven live in. They say that heaven could use its sunlight, moonlight, and wind to keep itself glowing. Also, turning off some of it's lights would make it need less energy, and also keep some who live there from being blinded for several thousand years.

This all works only if heaven has sun, clouds, etc. where it is, and not something else.