The Adventures of Neriad
Mongo, you have some major screenshot-taking skills. I applaud your work! I've run through these quests you're describing myself - one comment about Anaya is that I've found her to be pretty easy to find, actually. If you use the hovertext above the monster names, she sticks out because she's yellow, not red. She won't attack you until you attack her.

Great writeup!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Jul 6 2004, 04:27 AM Wrote:Mongo, you have some major screenshot-taking skills.  I applaud your work!  I've run through these quests you're describing myself - one comment about Anaya is that I've found her to be pretty easy to find, actually.  If you use the hovertext above the monster names, she sticks out because she's yellow, not red.  She won't attack you until you attack her.

Great writeup!

-Bolty
All Undead monsters there are yellow until you attack them actually. Makes the quests so much easier there but also a welcome change. When I did the quest long ago (in push 1 I think, so perhaps the undead are now real red monsters) I also found Anya quite quickly. I always saw here more or less in the same spot when passing by, usually in the "middle" (north south wise) and close to the road.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Jarulf,Jul 6 2004, 03:20 AM Wrote:All Undead monsters there are yellow until you attack them actually. Makes the quests so much easier there but also a welcome change. When I did the quest long ago (in push 1 I think, so perhaps the undead are now real red monsters)

This is not entirely true - I did that quest once in the first push with a paladin and they were attack on sight. Did it with my Night Elf warrior the same push and they were all yellow. Did it again this push with my other paladin and they were all attack on sight. This is probably due to Paladin's role in the game as Undead slayers.

Jarulf,Jul 6 2004, 03:20 AM Wrote:I also found Anya quite quickly. I always saw here more or less in the same spot when passing by, usually in the "middle" (north south wise) and close to the road.

The first two times I found her in push one she was in the back towards the edge of the forest boundary. This push she was where you described her.
The "Undead Tracking" skill shows undead monsters on the minimap, and also shows their name. Anaya's full name shows up, making it extremely easy to pinpoint her. I picked up that skill on a lark, and it turned out to be extremely useful.
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
JustAGuy,Jul 6 2004, 04:18 PM Wrote:The "Undead Tracking" skill shows undead monsters on the minimap, and also shows their name. Anaya's full name shows up, making it extremely easy to pinpoint her. I picked up that skill on a lark, and it turned out to be extremely useful.
It's definitely a great skill, but it'd be rare to have 60 spare skill points lying around at the low level of that quest. Still, I've found Undead Tracking to be incredibly useful on the FvF server. A lot of Horde folks chose to become undead on that server, because of the racial abilities -- can't be slept or feared and can breathe underwater (which sometimes helps them get away from those of us who can't). Thus, they think they're invincible. That is, until a priest or paladin comes along with Undead Tracking lighting them up like Christmas Trees. lol
You're right about the Undead Tracking, most people won't have 60 points laying around that early. What's nice about the skill point system, though, is that you can reclaim those points later. Undead Tracking and Sense Undead (a level 20 skill) do the same thing, and since I bought the Paladin specific-Sense Undead skill when it became available, I have now ditched the Undead Tracking skill previously purchased from the tracking trainer in "The Park" of Stormwind.

The other types of tracking skills would be useful, but they're even heftier on the skill points. 200 points or so, if I recall correctly, for humanoid tracking? Granted, that would be the most useful, but I won't be able to afford that one for a long time.

As for PvP, I'd suspect Paladins would fare pretty darn well, considering they have a whole range of skills designed to take down the undead. The ~90 damage done by level 1 Excorsism is a nice little bonus when you combine it with Crusader Strike and Holy Strike (for a level 20, that is). I suspect the skills will be even better later on (I haven't gotten past level 20 in any push yet!)

EDIT: I just read in the patch notes that Humanoid Tracking was removed! 200 points I get to keep then, eh?
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*