MDR - How does it work?
If an item has say, MDR of 3, does this mean that magic damage is reduced 3 per frame, for a total of 75 per second (25 frames). If not , how does this work?

Also, if you have MDR, does it work against elemental attacks? What about poison? Or is it just magic, like bone spirits for example?

Thanks
http://www.hut.fi/~tgustafs/mdrmod.html

MDR works against all "magical" damage. That is to say: Fire, Cold, Lightning, and Magic.
Thanks for the reply. Actually, I was just at that site. :)
so like if u got a MDR of 25, thats 25 per fram, total of 625 per second reduced ?
Not necessarily. As the page Obi2Kenobi linked describes, some attacks have an MDR penalty. With Diablo's LBoD, for example, MDR of 25 is really 2 damage per frame, for a total of 50 damage per second.

Also, MDR comes before resistances. So if you have 75% resistance, 25 MDR will really only reduce your damage by 6.25 damage per frame, or 156.25 damage per second.

Also, it depends on how much damage you're taking per hit. MDR won't reduce damage below zero (i.e. no healing). And for instantaneous hits, the MDR will just work once. So if you take 10 hits of 25 damage each, the 25 MDR will reduce it to 0, while if you take 1 hit of 250 damage, MDR will just reduce it to 225.
still dont get it LOL :P
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it means that if you have a MDR of X, then every attack against you that does Y damage normally now does (X - Y) damage, where X - Y cannot be less than zero (i.e. it cannot heal you). For attacks that come in waves, like firewall (I think), it decreases damage by X every second. At least this is how I understand it , but I could be wrong.
internetdotcom,Jun 23 2004, 09:06 PM Wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it means that if you have a MDR of X, then every attack against you that does Y damage normally now does (X - Y) damage, where X - Y cannot be less than zero (i.e. it cannot heal you).  For attacks that come in waves, like firewall (I think), it decreases damage by X every second.  At least this is how I understand it , but I could be wrong.
That's correct. The distinction is between non-frame-based attacks that damage you once on impact (such as shaman's fireballs) and frame-based attacks that damage you continually whilst you stand around in them (such as blood lord's firewalls). Some attacks have both (such as the blood lord's meteors - initial impact damage AND frame-based fire damage in the afterflames). Generally if you stand around in frame-based attacks, you can see the critical hit indicator flash on your character quite rapidly. Some frame-based attacks, such as diablo's lightning, have penalties to MDR (making MDR less useful).
You don't know what you're talking about.
What does the critical hit indicator look like? Isnt it a red fireball over your head or something?
It's a yellow starburst on your person.
Here's an example.

Clicky
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Hey, thanks.