Can't put gems in socketed item
I found a 3 socket short bow in Act1 (single player), and I had a few spare gems and a jewel. I thought it would make a nice bow for my merc, so I tried to stick them in. None of them would go inside the bow. It made a twanging sound whenever I tried.

I picked up a socketed cap, and tried it. It wouldn't go in either. I meet the level requirements for the jewel/gem. What's going on?
And I'm sure your problem isn't at all related to MH's socket-protection feature, because you're perfectly legit and have nothing to do with MH <_<.
Nice use of subtlety.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
I am. I was cleared by Gris. How do you know so much about MH anyway :P
Quote:Keep your friends close, and you enemies closer still.
Because adeyke and people like him get tons of questions exactly like this one by people who're apparently too stupid to play without Maphack, too stupid to read the Help file that comes with the program, too stupid to turn off the socket protection when they're using Maphack, and too stupid to realize that they're stepping before the firing squad when asking questions like that in forums like this.
Best Reply Ever. ;-)

On a side note, what I do find irritating at times is the inability to put gems into a hireling's equipment whilst the hireling has it on. When I start out I tend to equip the free rogue merc with a socketed bow, and stick gems in there as I find them; especially early on, when your inventory tends to be filled with rubbish to sell and potions, it's irritating to have to clear out space to unequip her bow in order to put gems in the sockets of it, and then hand it back to her.
You don't know what you're talking about.
That's flaming.
So, why doesn't my blood golem heal when I use iron maiden? How will my necro do any damage otherwise?

(This is not a real question. I'm just making fun of the kind of questions you're talking about. Althouh blood golem still neds some work to make it usable)
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Yeah, yeah it is. I imagine that's the point.

In case it's real hard to tell, things like that are not welcome with most of the people here.
I thought we already settled this. I don't use maphack.
I don't use MH either.

Yesterday I wished I was.

I was rearranging one of my unique mules... and holding my 4/5 poison facet, I accidentally clicked on my mosers instead of my cube.

Yes. I had to buy a Tal amu for a Mal to make me feel better.
Ouch. :o
unrealshadow13,Jun 19 2004, 01:19 AM Wrote:I thought we already settled this. I don't use maphack.
No, you just asserted it. That doesn't mean people have to believe you. :-)
You don't know what you're talking about.
Ok that's just messed.

Update:

I can put gems and such in items on battle.net, but still not on SP. I tried making a tcp/ip game, and then putting the things in, but it still wont work.
unrealshadow13,Jun 18 2004, 08:19 PM Wrote:I thought we already settled this. I don't use maphack.
<RICHARD NIXON>
I am not a crook.
</RICHARD NIXON>

BTW, you might want to try deleting MH off your system altogether; it seems to be screwing up your SP game as well.
I looked up Richard Nixon. He was a president of the USA who lied. Are you saying I'm a liar? I wish you wouldn't. I've never had MH installed.

edit: by the way, you shouldn't write HTML in caps. It's non-bon(edit)afied :D
Bona fide.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Hi!

Quote:I've never had MH installed.

Then you are differing in that point from some others here around, I'm sure. Anybody can attack an alleged mh user, even if one privately has it on the pc oneself. If I were you, I wouldn't bother.
+: using mh in singleplayer without carrying the positive effects you gain over to multiplayer in any way is perfectly ok. Everone decides on his own what kind of 'game' he wants to play.
As for cheating in multiplayer: that's of course a completely different boot.
I know of people who have agreed to do 'cheating competitions' on lan, and they have much fun in doing so. Anyhow, if you never had it installed and don't know what could cause this (if it continues, that is) I'd go with a re-install.
Good luck!

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
I just have to say I loved AK's first reply. That's sig material. :lol:
DroopingCactus
Quote:Adeyke and people like him get tons of questions exactly like this one by people who're apparently too stupid to play without Maphack, too stupid to read the Help file that comes with the program, too stupid to turn off the socket protection when they're using Maphack, and too stupid to realize that they're stepping before the firing squad when asking questions like that in forums like this.
-AK404