what's the meaning of life?
Right before we die, all our memories flash by us. It's called life.

Seems to have a good enough meanig in itself.
Beer, pizza, and sex. Even if it's bad, it's good.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Not necessarily. I ordered this pizza with chicken and barbeque sauce once, and it was pretty awful. Beer also tastes like crap and has little to do with the meaning of life, if it is not intended as a means of ending it yourself. :)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
To eat from the Tree of Life, achieving immortality, and thus fulfilling our destiny of redemption for having eaten from the Tree of the Knowledge. :)

tmol-faq
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

[ Wrote:Angel,Jun 22 2004, 07:00 AM] Beer also tastes like crap
I beg to differ.

While beer may well be an acquired taste, like coffee, it most assuredly does not taste like crap.

Nothing tastes better on a hot summer afternoon than a cold bottle of Crystal. :D I know there are other beers out there, but that is my favourite.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Give me a Lynchburg lemonade or a San Francisco any time, or just a clean shot of vodka, and I'm a happy camper.

I've tried beer, several types, several times, and it's no good. I just can't get it down.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Quote:ShadowHM
Quote:[wcip]Angel
Beer also tastes like crap.

While beer may well be an acquired taste, like coffee, it most assuredly does not taste like crap.

"Most assuredly?" Does that mean you know what crap tastes like? If not, there's only one way to settle this: one of you needs to taste some crap.

In arguments like this, there are no winners.

-Lemmy

P.S. Other posters are free to step up and resolve this debate.
... in the teeth of a flawed, angry god, who created us for no better reason than his being an imperfect reflection of the gods above him.

God bless the gnostics.

Jester
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." ~Douglas Adams
Having grown up on a farm, I have, on a very few occasions, had the unfortunate experience of tasting the splatters of the contents of animal enclosures. It does not taste like any beer I've tasted, except for perhaps that luke warm sweet flat beer they serve in Luxemborg.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

LemmingofGlory,Jun 22 2004, 10:18 AM Wrote:Does that mean you know what crap tastes like?
Ok....I have yet to deliberately eat crap.

However, I feel qualified to make the statement based on two things.

First, I am the mother of four children. I did not employ a nanny for the 'dirty work'. I have changed more diapers than most here. I have been peed on and crapped on. :o

Second, I am the sometimes proud owner of a ramshackle cottage. It came with a sixty year old septic system. I know way more about septic systems and their operation than I ever wanted to know. I have stuck my head in that tank, in the interests of making sure that the damn thing had no holes in it and was not leaking. :blink:

Since smell and taste are intimately linked, I do feel qualified to to have made the statement I did. :P
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Quote:Since smell and taste are intimately linked, I do feel qualified to to have made the statement I did.

But there are exceptions. Take for example, wine gums. These are really good-tasting little candies. But, when you smell them, they actually smell TERRIBLE. Sort of like Hydrogen Peroxide, except worse.

Crap just may be one of those things that tastes much better than it smells! I think you're going to need to prove that crap tastes the same as it smells... :D

And, about the septic tank, this about sums up my feeling: :blink:
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
I only like hard liquor, straight up. I detest beer, though guinness and MGD aren't too horrible.

I don't drink much, simply because it takes a lot of liquor to get any effects, and liquor is quite expensive.

When I do drink, I prefer the venerable Jack Daniels, or a decent kind of vodka. I'm also a fan of Mike's Hard Lemonade (or anything of that nature), and Jack Daniels Hard Cola.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Cryptic,Jun 22 2004, 11:54 AM Wrote:To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
I was waiting for some one to say that.

Who would have thought Conan the Barbarian would go into politics? :P

-Munk
The meaning of life is to do enough stuff and then review it, discussing what was the implications of doing all that were. Because there's nothing better to do once you have secured basic needs. ;)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
pakman,Jun 21 2004, 11:16 PM Wrote:You could go on forever like a three year old asking "why" for everything you say.
yes, another prentetious sh*tface insult to 'chilidishness'

if you didn't mean it as negative, then......well, i don't like the cryptic/abstract humour here!

"it is said that the meaning of school is making kids to stop asking questions. to those people this fails, they become scientists" - ?

"every child is an artist. problem is being so as you grow up as well" - picasso

seas says:

art = passion = life

mysteria truth harmony reflection

feel free to behave like nieztchse's anti-wisdom / degenerate wisdom / male wisdom in regards to anything i say. hey, why not just ban me for being anti-BORING

"Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior."

i suppose i should add in joy there as well.

success = life
in regards to emerson's:

"To laugh often and much;
to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
to leave the world a little better;
whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.

This is the meaning of success." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"if you judge people, you have no time to love them" - mother teresa

life = love all
love is understanding
actually, that's friendship. love is too abused word. love is merely obsession. marriage is friendship + obsession.

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose." - Robert Byrne

"know thyself" - socrates

in that case, meaning of life could be wisdom? then imprinting this wisdom into eternity - art. quotes. inspiration for ever.

"live as if you'll die tomorrow. learn as if you'll live forever" - ?

In Beyond Good and Evil, Prelude to a Philosophy of the Future (Jenseits von Gut und Böse. Vorspiel einer Philosophie der Zukunft, 1886), Nietzsche identified imagination, self-assertion, danger, originality and the "creation of values" as qualities of genuine philosophers, as opposed to incidental characters who engage in dusty scholarship. - http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/nietzsche/

philospher is merely (a mind / word / thought?) artist. all artforms at the base are the same, so this

imagination
self-assertion
danger
originality
"creation of values"

applies to all artforms, though i don't know the other artforms equilant of "creation of values"

seas says:

"art has a purpose, reality does not" - ?

art is self reflection

"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity." - Henry Van Dyke

kill your ego (which is the opposite of thinking about yourself)

USA media says:

"The entire essence of America is the hope to first make money - then make money with money - then make lots of money with lots of money." - Paul Erdman

"Poor man wanna be rich, rich man wanna be king, and a king ain't satisfied until he rules everything." - Bruce Springsteen

DREAM

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain

"Live fast, die young, and leave a good-looking corpse." - John Derek - Knock on any Door

"It is not length of life, but depth of life." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"it is better to burn out than to fade away" - kurt kobain

sex & drugs & rock n' roll

i figure that's enough for now. plz start the flames / ban / lock / etc because your primtive 'godly' minds don't 100% get all what i say, in which case: you are degenerate man. mystery is beautiful, not evil.

more: http://seas.deviantart.com/journal/2427543/ http://seas.deviantart.com/journal/2010642/

EDIT: stoopid non-html...>_<
[ Wrote:Angel,Jun 22 2004, 12:00 PM] Beer also tastes like crap
broccoli, bacon, egg - smells worse than crap - and i think i've been forced to eat all of them. so based on that, i would more want to eat crap than either of those. also of note is that 2 of those ingridients are in PIE - well, what swedes call PAJ - in which case that is worse than diahera (i can't spell that). green floaty crap, might be the worst thing.

as for BEER: cider is the worst alcoholic bewerage i've tasted. well, which is tasty... fläder jordgubb päron, mums.

well, i have tasted this 7% cider - which...tasted like whine.

i would say just 3%+ alcohol amount of any drink to me just tastes alcohol - and pure alcohol is just a stinky poison - right?
Jester,Jun 22 2004, 03:30 AM Wrote:Life seems to precede meaning, not the other way around.

Jester
that sounds tasty :)

man created meaning, necessity, values...

"Men say that Time passes. Time says that men pass." - ?
Pete,Jun 22 2004, 02:34 AM Wrote:not realizing that that is the unanswerable question.
"the most incomprehensible about the universe is that it is all comprehensible" - einstein

so it's said those who join religion are those who can't figure out the big meanings of things by themselves. i have never really thought of things that way...not in a life-threatening "oh god if i don't figure it out what will i do!" kind of way...

another way would be they don't have a meaning in life, or tired of their destructive/selfish/materlistic thinking, in which case most religion gives "pray to the gods, obey the gods" - in which case it's really a selfish thinking, just stop thinking, do as it says in the holy writings.