Non Class Skills Stack
Well, let's say I have an assassin whit chaos claw. I'll have 1slvl WW. If I equip another chaos claw would I get 2slvl WW ? And if I have charm or something whit + to barb skill levels would it apply to that WW ?
Why do you Drink and Drive,
when you can Smoke and Fly ?!

Sex, Beers, Rock'n'Roll \m/*\m/

Ever Stop To Think, And Forget To Start Again ?
They would stack to give a total of slvl 2.

Equipment with +all skills and with +whirlwind will increase the assassin's Chaos WW. In practice, Chaos is the only item with +whirlwind that she can use, though. Note, though, that a necromancer with a partial Trang-Oul set could use a +fire ball staff or a +fire ball Ormus' Robes to boost his skill.

+barbarian skills and +combat skills skilltab will have no effect on an assassin.
That's interesting, so even though the +Fire Ball would be Sorceress only, it would still add to the Trang partial set bonus?

It seems odd that Blizzard would take the time to fix the problem with +skill tabs crossing over on mercs and still manage to miss something like that, unless it was intentional (as they claim most of their bugs/glitches are).
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Quote:as they claim most of their bugs/glitches are

Claim?

I find it hard to believe any company would intentionally create bugs in their own product. It's just bad business.

Accidentally create bugs by not spending enough time writing good code?

Certainly. That can be expensive work.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Quote:I find it hard to believe any company would intentionally create bugs in their own product. It's just bad business.

But if there's a bug and you say it was intentional, it's a feature instead ;). Features are much better than bugs. Then, when you release a patch to change it, you can admit it was a bug, since bug fixes are also good.
This doesn't really sound like a bug, it sounds like they just didn't rewrite the description of the staff and fireball is supposed to improve the Trang-oul bonus. In early D2, the sorceress was the only character who could naturally use fireball, and "sorceress only" was added to the staffs to keep other characters from getting sorceress spells when they weren't supposed to and normally wouldn't have the skill. Now a necromancer with Trang-ouls set, for example, is supposed to be able to use fireball so having a staff with +fireball isn't such a big deal. Trying to write all this on a staff isn't worth the trouble, so they don't change what's written on staffs, wands, scepters, etc.

I hope everyone else can understand what I wrote.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Minionman,Jun 26 2004, 08:18 PM Wrote:I hope everyone else can understand what I wrote.
It's a shame Blizzard didn't sanity check their strings before release; the amount of confusion they've caused by using the word 'magic' to mean "magic", "fire/coldghtning only", and "fire/coldghtning/magic only" in various different places is enough to have the person responsible taken outside and shot. ;-)

They should never have had "(specific class only)" on these items; if, from 1.00 onwards, a stave just said "+1 to Teleport" everyone would have got used to it only incrementing the skill if you had it in your skill tree. Then they could've had "Grants Teleport" or "Grants Level 1 Teleport" for the oskills. Bit late now, I guess.
You don't know what you're talking about.