The perfect MF trapsin claws?
Right, so I'm back to trappers. (I do so love trapsins. <3)

A long, long wait for Diablo-Part-Deux in a Hell game yielded several +3 traps claws, and two +3 shadows. (Almost making up for the fact that I somehow managed to SELL both of my original claws to a shop with no spare space for weapons. I blame lag and bad luck, but I'm still not talking to Larzuk.)

My trapper uses LS and her merc/shadow for the first kills and then clears the screen with Death Sentry. She has 18 points in FB, which is enough to take down most of the light immunes she's run into so far. (She also uses Shock Web a bit--am I right in assuming that it doesn't count to the 5-trap limit? I haven't been seeing the sentries pop when she throws them down, and they -look- like they overlap, but I don't trust the game screen implicitly...)

She's stuffed with MF (armor, boots, belt--most equipment slots) but I'd like to pack some more on. I don't want to lose +6 skills by switching to Ali and an MF shield, but Ists are not cheap and I have my reserves about socketing claws with them. Is it indeed a Bad, Bad Idea?

And the actual mechanics questions: Can I get three sockets in a traps claw with the quest? And should I hold out for a +3 traps/+ DS or LS claw? I'm not that concerned with speed; IAS or a fast base speed claw could be nice, but I think FB is the only skill that IAS would affect here, and she -is- using Goldwrap...

Thanks as always for reading. =)
USWest SC ladder.
No more death by quill rat. Big Grin
Quote:am I right in assuming that it doesn't count to the 5-trap limit?
You're right.

You can get up to 2 sockets from the quest, just like always (unless I missed a 1.10 change). If you want a non-claw weapon, I'd recommend Gull over Ali Baba's since it gives more of a bonus unless you've got 2 spare ists (even then Gull is still better if you put an ist in it until the char hits level 70+, which I'm guessing you are). The new runeword for shields gives some MF and +1 to skills so you could try that or a rhyme to get some shield mf sans ists.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Azazel,Jun 21 2004, 04:12 PM Wrote:And the actual mechanics questions:&nbsp; Can I get three sockets in a traps claw with the quest?
+3 traps can only be found on magic items (i.e. no rares), so you can't get more than 3 sockets from the Larzuk quest. This is because it limits the number of sockets available on magic items to 1 or 2.

Edit: Mmm, cross-postalicious.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?