Daggerzon
Ok, I'm makin a Daggerzon and I need some equiptment help. What would be the best setup assuming I have access to every item in the game? And...what would be a more realistic setup assuming I don't have access to every item in the game? And one more thing please...can I have some info on Valks? I've never used them before and I know nothing about them, like why are they sometimes different colors? Thank you in advance... :D
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
ima_nerd,Jun 22 2004, 01:37 PM Wrote:And one more thing please...can I have some info on Valks?  I've never used them before and I know nothing about them, like why are they sometimes different colors?
Clicky

There's a table that lists different colors of armors to the right side of the page. Note that this doesn't mean that it's the only mod that the armor has. There can be many other mods on the armor (and the ones listed could also be present), it's just that the color comes from one specific prefix/suffix.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
I have a level 82 daggerzon right now on west.

She presently has a:
Lionheart plate
circlet +2 to all skills (rare with +20 to all resists)
thundergods belt
gorerider boots
stormshield
+1 crafted amy with good resists
raven and a mana leach ring(manald I believe)
I was using a ghost flame dagger then went to warshrikes (unique throwing knives). These are totally awesome by the way. Good melee damage. and damn it you can throw them as well.
On switch I have the lacerator axe for that amp damage

I can tank almost everything. I do have trouble with baal. It becomes a tedious battle of attrition. The damage inflicted by this daggerzon is such that you just barely take off his life. The cb from the boots help tilt the balance in my favour. But it is extremely slow. Better for you to tank and let others pound the hell out of Baal.

You are applying points into the passive and magic tree so remember to max penetrate. Critical strike can be useful to level up as well. I don't think maxing it will be of the greatest benefit to your build. Peirce is not so important, but with, a warshrike weapon which is peircing, some added skill points into peirce you can see it work some good things for you.

I maxed valk and I took my evade, dodge and avoid to the point where each was giving me at least 50%. You can go higher but the amount of benefit is minimal for the extra points. I put more points into decoy... which of course helps the valk. (She rarely dies... at least not before I do at anyrate)

The ghostflame was a very good weapon for me. It has more raw damage than the warshrikes but its not quite as fast as the latter. In my younger levels I used a blackbog sharpe. Although it was terribly expensive to keep repaired it was damn fun to use.

Gull dagger can be used at a very young age as well. One can also use the unique dagger that has +skills to find item (Name escapes me just at the moment)

At any rate its a fun character to play.

Good luck with your build.

Life
Quote:One can also use the unique dagger that has +skills to find item (Name escapes me just at the moment)

Heart Carver!

The Diggler's a good choice for the early years, as well.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
So, you dont got any skills in the other 2 trees ?
The other trees are all weapons skills (javelin, spear, or bow only). Doesn't help much if you're using a dagger.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Thanks, definitley gave me stuff to think about. She currently on hold, I got distracted by my Lightning Fury Zon I'm making now. Damn she owns. Ethereal Titans Revenge...muwahaha. Thanks, I'll post later once I start her out.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
ima_nerd,Jun 28 2004, 06:38 PM Wrote:I got distracted by my Lightning Fury Zon I'm making now. Damn she owns. Ethereal Titans Revenge...muwahaha.
Unless you have a backup plan for lightning immunes, you'll run into a brick wall with hell difficulty souls, like my LF javazon buddy did. At least for him there was a party of folks who could deal with the souls while he usually waited in the background. (He tried jabbing but his character wasn't designed for tanking.)

My young daggerzon is doing quite well. Even without twinked equipment she can tank well with a decent shield, some critical strike and dodge/avoid.

My level 93 ladder fa/strafezon has a lot of points in the magic/passive tree to help fight lag spike effects, such as being hit in melee by monsters across the screen, and so on. The nice side-effect of this is that her level 30 Valkyrie lives much longer than anyone else's, except probably that of a hardcore player. In fact, my Valkyrie is almost always more reliable than my Might merc is, as far as staying alive and keeping the baddies away from me.
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...24&hl=daggerzon

That's a thread about Daggerzons started by yours truly about a month ago. If you still have more questions, check it out. It also links to a thread on the Amazon Basin with more information.
Completely Random Update:

Doin pretty good, currently using:

Jade Tan Do (Godly low lvl, clvl 19 req, 180 psn over 4 secs)
Isenharts minus sword
Snakecord
Bloodfist
Hotspur
Random Ammy and Rings

Clvl 25, just killed Meph solo but I'm not ready for A4, sigh...Meph ownage always gives me a false sense of power when I walk out into A4.

Later I have:

Fleshripper
Vamp Gaze
String of Ears/Nosferatus
Shaftstop
I'll probably be able to get a Storm Shield
Gore Riders
Draculs Grasp/Soul Drainers (forget which is which)
Leech Rings
+Passive Skills Ammy