Venomous WhirlWind Assassin
I've collected the runes for Chaos and I'm goind to build assassin whit Venom and WhirlWind. For now I can rise it to about 5 whit the equipment I've got, but I'm not quite shure how well does the Venom WW combination works. I'll gladly accept advises from anyone who have tried this (well from anyone anyway).
Why do you Drink and Drive,
when you can Smoke and Fly ?!

Sex, Beers, Rock'n'Roll \m/*\m/

Ever Stop To Think, And Forget To Start Again ?
Never tried it personally, mainly because I'll probably never get the runes together to try it, but it sounds like it would work. The Venom duration is such that you'll probably be able to hit an enemy twice with it in one WW. The problem is the same as every other build that uses Venom, you have virtually no duration, and thus have a problem with monster HP regeneration in Hell.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
10x, man. I'll probably have Larzuk add sockeds to my 2nd cwal (bartuc, or natalya or jade talon, not quite shure) and sock it whit Mal (hope I'll find one)

Yea that sounds about right.. maybe you could use shako, and a bul kathos wedding band, mara's too, they would all help and raise your whirlwind greatly and venom, venom will work great with ww guaranteed, i have seen it in action.. but a whirlwind assassin usually uses these skills..

20 Blade shield
20 Claw Mastery
20 Venom
4/5/6 in burst of speed, depends on your +'s to skills
and the rest in shadow master or anything you can conjure up for fun..
but that usually works well and can pk almost anything and everything

Good luck!
Quote:but that usually works well and can pk almost anything and everything

:blink:

Surely just the result of temporary confusion...?

<_<

Greetings

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Quote:Surely just the result of temporary confusion...?
I've seen WWsins slay WWbarbs. They are one of the few classes that have a chance against Enigma Boners.

About skills:
20 CLAW MASTERY
20 VENOM
is granted, however, you should probably also get
20 WEAPON BLOCK (yes, 20, or as much as you need to get 60% block) as it is bloody pointless to WW with one claw.
About the master: if you go PVM, or go SHADOW heavy (lev 3x masters are nasty in PVP), do max it. Otherwise, no.
About the skills I'm going for:
20 claw mastery
20 Venom
15-20 Weapon Block
The others will probably be something like that:
20 Shadow Master, 20 Cloak of Shadow or 20 Blade Shield-No.1
20 Deaht and 20 Lightning Sentry, 5 Mind Blast-2
And No.3 will be Martial Kicker or Taloner
Will need a good dice in order to choose :huh:

And about the equipment:
Helm: Andariel's Visage
Armor: Arkaine's Valor
Weapon 1: Chaos Claw
Weapon 2: Bartuc's Cut Throat (or Jade Talon) whit Mal
Boots: Shadow Dancers
Belt: Archnid Mesh
Gloves: No idea. Probably Trang`Oul
Jewelry: Mara's Kaleidoscope Stone of Jordan and Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Errr. . . Oh Yeah ! And I'll be colecting Lots of poison charms B)

OK. I've been working out alot whit my WWsin and she's quite ready to use the chaos cwal. But before I spent the runes I would like to know how exacly does the poison dmg works, and can I increase the poison duration from venom whit poison charms :blink:

If you're using venom, the duration will always be 10 frames (.4 seconds). There's no way to increase this.
Quote:If you're using venom, the duration will always be 10 frames (.4 seconds). There's no way to increase this.
I thought it worked just like poison dagger (the avg poison lenght of the other items being additive with venom lenght). Do the rates at least get added up? How is the claimed 10k reachable?
The rates do add, but the duration is a fixed 10 frames.

Since venom has such a high rate already, poison charms don't really do a whole lot to improve it. +skills gear can help, though, as can +% poison skill damage. IIRC, venom in mêlée gets the double application of "poison mastery," like enchant with fire mastery.