Looking for a strategy guide
Heya's

Have tried a search but found only fleeting references to the cold sorc , I have a lvl 92 Meteorb sorc and there is'nt much she cannot kill , I am now looking to make things slightly different with a cold sorc , cold and cold only , alas I can find no decent guides out there , I would be appreciative if someone could point me in the right direction or even throw a few pointers themselves , Thanks .

Take care
Take care
There are two different mono cold sorc builds, one which uses Blizzard and synergies, and another which uses Frozen Orb.

My Frozen Orb sorc roughly followed this skill plan:

20 FO
20 Ice Bolt (adds 100+ damage)
20 Cold Mastery
Working on Teleport
Prereqs

I have never made a Blizzard sorc, but I have read several guides:

20 Ice Bolt
20 Ice Blast
20 Glacial Spike
20 Blizzard

Your main killers will be Blizzard and Ice Blast, and occassionally using Glacial Spike to freeze large crowds.
Thanks , I fancy the FO above Blizzard , also , are you maxing teleport ? Thats something like I am looking to build , How are you finding it ?

Take care
Take care
Um...I dunno about you, but with the usual high-mana pool of a sorc, putting more than 1 point into teleport seems like an extremely big waste of skill points if you ask me. I mean at *best* your only saving 20 mana per cast, and personally 20 mana is not worth 20 skill points in my opinion.

But hey, thats just my opinion.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Maxing teleport is only really useful for a specialized character geared towards doing MF runs. Maxing TP is a great boon for characters that are only made for doing Meph/baal runs.
This isn't really the place to look for *ahem* "strategy guides." Specific or even general questions? No better place to ask. Strategy guides? Meh. I've probably seen a half dozen useful guides anywhere on the net. 99% of what's out there say "get these skills, get this equipment, rush to hell WS, do baal runs until you pwnz everyone. Not particularly useful.

Ask about experiences people have had with different builds. Ask for advice about different skills, pieces of equipment, or general strategy. Don't bother looking for strat guides.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
I have mixed feelings about the amount of skill points I put/am putting into Teleport. I have two great defenses though:

1. I started this character sorc as my first ladder character; no friends do bum items off of, no stuff to mule. I would not have made it to the point I am right now (wearing near perfect MF sorc equipment) if I had not been able to cast Teleport for only a few mana. My mana pool would have been drained before I got to meph/andy, if I had not put extra points into Teleport. Most characters don't notice the mana that tele sucks out of you, usually because they've got +10ish skills and lots of enhanced mana, but take my word for it; untwinked, it hurts.

2. Having teleport cost only a few points of mana saved me from Meph several times. I used energy shield for that sorc, and when Meph chucked his ice ball of doom at me and I didn't manage to dodge it, I was left with only a few mana points, enough so that in most situations, I would not have had enough mana to teleport away.

For the untwinked character, it I highly recomend it. Also keep in mind that where else are you going to put points? 20 cold mastery, frozen orb, and ice bolt is 60 points. You can reasonably expect most characters to have more than 90 skill points in a few days.
I am glad that you like the build. The very first thing I will do when the next season ends is making another Orb-MF-er along those lines. And I seriously doubt, that there is a better way to go with an Orb sorc. The 20-40 points left over with a masteried orb cannot be spent on anything else, since you'd only end up with seriously underpowered skills. Maybe nova or fire wall... however, I wouldn't do that with a barely-naked (or MF-dressed) sorceress.

Mind you, I usually keep two sorceresses alive, an MF sorc and a kill-everything-in-no-time sorc. For the latter, where MF is not that much of an issue, I go with a 1 point teleport since you need all the points for your attack spells.

Anyway. It's good to see that someone else shares the joy of free teleport :)
Thanks for the advice folks , it's appreciated .

To Gecko . If you look under the description for the "Armory" it states you can post here for "strategy guides"
You also say I should ask for peoples experiences , did you notice in my post where I asked for a few pointers from people ? same thing .
I actually never asked for a strategy guide here , I asked to be pointed in the general direction ie: other sites .
Wow I have been lurking and been a member of the lurker lounge for many years , still even have an old screenshot from classic here . I have asked 3 questions and your attitude just wants me to go back to lurking again . Thanks .

edit : Actually it was my bad , I do not need strategy per-se I know exactly what I want and how to do that in game , same for equipment , not having ever made a mono tree sorc before , it was the distribution of skills that I was most interested in .

Take care
Take care
to see that you joined only a week after gekko :)
I used this setup, got it from my friend.

Use Ice blast as your main attack.-20 points

Shiver Armor-1
frozen armor-1
glacial spike- leftover(s)
frost nova- 1
Blizzard-20 points power killer
frozenorb-20 points crowd control
Cold Mastery-20 (thats a given)
telekinesis-1
teleport- 1

I normaly get close to 2000-2300 dmg

i put 210 into energy and 2 sojs works wonders :P

and i wore + items, I also found a sweet +3 cold skills and 25% mf ammy

Edit: i also found an site for them, its in another forum.
http://www.d2sector.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4661
"We need some sharp Object. Think, your formor self must have known of something that was sharp!"
"Here, this is sharp!"
"What is that! A butter knife? I will spread my evil and curruption with a Butter knife? What will we do, cover the place with butter so they all die of High Cholesterol?"
"We could try to"
"no you idiot we could NOT try"
Taken from "Hello Cthulhu" Page 12
My post was concerning the quality of strategy guides everywhere; I found no fault with your searching for advice or the manner in which you posted. I'm sorry that you saw offence -- none was intended. If you can't deal with that... *shrugs.* Not my problem.

Oh, and you mispelled my nickname. I'm not a gecko, I'm gekko. :P

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
Damn and I love Gecko's :P
Take care
Don't worry, gekko's are just as cute and almost as lovable as gecko's.

gekko