Guided Arrow and pierce
Well i was wondering if pierce also applys to guided arrows AFTER they successfully hit one target then the arrow goes on to hit something else. Will it still "guide" or does it become a regular arrow?
"We need some sharp Object. Think, your formor self must have known of something that was sharp!"
"Here, this is sharp!"
"What is that! A butter knife? I will spread my evil and curruption with a Butter knife? What will we do, cover the place with butter so they all die of High Cholesterol?"
"We could try to"
"no you idiot we could NOT try"
Taken from "Hello Cthulhu" Page 12
Pierce doesn't apply to guided arrows at all. Once the missile makes contact with something, the missile dies.
My hope dies :( well thanks. I figured that.
"We need some sharp Object. Think, your formor self must have known of something that was sharp!"
"Here, this is sharp!"
"What is that! A butter knife? I will spread my evil and curruption with a Butter knife? What will we do, cover the place with butter so they all die of High Cholesterol?"
"We could try to"
"no you idiot we could NOT try"
Taken from "Hello Cthulhu" Page 12
In 1.09 guided arrow would pierce, and the arrow would hit the enemy 3 successive times. This was considered a bug, and they 'fixed' it in 1.10. This is one of the reasons I am turned off of bowazons.
unrealshadow13,Jun 28 2004, 07:32 PM Wrote:In 1.09 guided arrow would pierce, and the arrow would hit the enemy 3 successive times. This was considered a bug, and they 'fixed' it in 1.10. This is one of the reasons I am turned off of bowazons.
It WAS a bug. It was introduced in 1.09 (guided arrow and pierce didn't work together in ANY previous version) and should have been fixed much sooner than it was, instead of people getting used to exploiting it and considering it as "right".
You don't know what you're talking about.
It was also extremely overpowered. If you successfully pierce four times, your GA would be doing five times as much damage as it actually should. If a factor of five isn't overpowered, I don't know what is. This bug was also largely responsible for the Buriza cheesezons.
Quote:Buriza cheesezons

What's all this?

Quote: It was also extremely overpowered

I never found it overpowered, as it only hit one enemy.
Quote:What's all this?

In 1.09, all you need is a Buriza and a point in GA and you're already a powerful character. Other equipment, other skills, and playing skill are nearly optional. GA is auto-targetted and never misses. Buriza has 100% pierce, as well as massive physical damage, some cold damage and some nice other bonuses. Its slow speed was easily offset by the piercing bug. And it's pretty easy to find and pretty easy to equip. So 1.09 saw lots of overpowered Buriza-toting GA bowazons.

Quote:I never found it overpowered, as it only hit one enemy.

Even if you're hitting only one target, you're still hitting five times as often as you should. And that's five actual hits, meaning five times as much damage of all types as well as five times as many triggered effects (CB, for example). And it works around corners and without aiming directly, and it never misses.

If monsters are nicely lined up, and you have good AR/luck, you could also get five times your damage with even normal attack. However, monsters rarely are lined up so nicely, and you'd probably miss sometimes.

And hitting only one enemy can be seen as quite an advantage in many cases. If you somewhat damage 5 monsters, you'll still take damage from all 5. If you completely kill one monster, you'll only take damage from 4 of them. This effect is amplified when there monsters aren't all of the same type. For example, in act 3, there are the zealots and their healers. If you distribute your damage equally among all the monsters, they'll just get healed. If you focus all your damage on the healers, you can eliminate those and then easily take out the rest. It's just against weak opponents that it's good to spread the damage. If one hit is enough to kill a monster, getting five out of a GA isn't going to make a difference.
Dueling, you only need to hit one enemy.