Nova slvl 20
I saw a mention of a bug associated with slvl 20 nova. Can someone fill me in as to what the bug is?
Quote:I saw a mention of a bug associated with slvl 20 nova. Can someone fill me in as to what the bug is?
How do you get skill level 20 nova playing Diablo? Perhaps you are playing Hellfire. Anyway here is a link to an article about nova and its dead zones. http://thedsfcommunity.yuku.com/forums/2/t...tegy-Forum.html. I don't know why that article by Attika is not posted under the Diablo news part of this site.
Quote:How do you get skill level 20 nova playing Diablo?

You get it by clicking a nova scroll or using a belt hotkey for it while some level 20 spell (which of course will require TC, AA staff, and Naj's LP) is queued in the speed book. Perhaps this is the bug he is asking about.

Novas also used to be invisible to other players at times, but this should not apply in the current patch.
Quote:You get it by clicking a nova scroll or using a belt hotkey for it while some level 20 spell (which of course will require TC, AA staff, and Naj's LP) is queued in the speed book. Perhaps this is the bug he is asking about.

That could get you to well over 2000 damage in 1 shot. Wowza!
Quote:Anyway here is a link to an article about nova and its dead zones. http://thedsfcommunity.yuku.com/forums/2/t...tegy-Forum.html. I don't know why that article by Attika is not posted under the Diablo news part of this site.

I presume it's because a) Attika was the last person to update the strategy section here and he's gone andB)very few people look at the dsf anymore (the post before that is from October 2008).
Quote:I presume it's because a) Attika was the last person to update the strategy section here and he's gone andB)very few people look at the dsf anymore (the post before that is from October 2008).
Well, I did not know he was "gone". I know he replaced Lemming as "updater" but he never replaced him as forum moderator. Anyway, he is about the only one I know who still runs tests on this old game.
Quote:Well, I did not know he was "gone". I know he replaced Lemming as "updater" but he never replaced him as forum moderator. Anyway, he is about the only one I know who still runs tests on this old game.

Regarding him being the only one who still runs tests, I agree. Also I didn't mean to put a smiley face. I meant to bput the letter b and then a close parenthesis, but together the software makes the face.