European beta test
Blizzard just announced that the sign ups for the european closed beta will start at the 5th of july.

click me!
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Thanks for sharing :) I will cross my fingers and hope all European lurkers can join!
Quote:We are pleased to report that the sign-up period for the European Closed Beta Test will officially begin on Monday, 5th July 2004.

The application form will be found here. Please keep in mind that testers will not be chosen on a first-come, first-served basis; applicants will be able to submit an application and receive equal consideration anytime during the three-week sign-up period.

5th July, 3 weeks for application...

*Counts*

They're kidding, right? They're not really thinking about doing a beta-test in Europe during August. It's just a big joke...

Right?

If not, expect the servers to be quite deserted during the first month.
I found that to be a little odd too.

Maybe it'll increase my chances of actually getting into the beta :)

The way the weather has been behaving lately, gaming seems to be the summer activity of choice for me this year...

Greetings

nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Hmmm, I never actually read it before but now I notice it's a 3 weeks long sign up... DAMN...

And then to have the "elections" is another 2-4 weeks...
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
I just hope the European servers are less laggy for me. And that I'm allowed to play on them. That constant 300+ ping does get annoying at times.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
*Stabs*

In the page where they ask what languages you speak I was able to choose "Brazilian" but not "Portuguese".

*Twitch*
It starts *drum rolls*
They're kidding, right? They're not really thinking about doing a beta-test in Europe during August. It's just a big joke...

I'm a bit in the fog on this one. Enlighten those of us from the less-cultured continent. Do Europeans shut off their computers until September or something?

They certainly won't have any trouble getting Americans to play during August. Maybe that is why our kids are getting so fat. Korean youngsters play even more computer games... will they all look like sumo wrestlers in a couple years?
Nystul,Jul 5 2004, 11:17 AM Wrote:I'm a bit in the fog on this one.  Enlighten those of us from the less-cultured continent.  Do Europeans shut off their computers until September or something?
Pretty much, yeah.

August is pretty much "ghost town" month in most of the main capitals here. You can go to Madrid or Rome, and in streets bustling with activity during the rest of the year you could walk alone along the middle of it undisturbed, parking spaces plentiful and the place would be totally deserted. Take Paris, for example; it'd take you longer to find a person whose native tongue is French than, say, Chinese or Spanish.

On the other hand, I defy you to find a room in a hotel in the coast of Spain, Italy or Greece on August 15th, or any of the resorts in the Alps ;)

Those who don't do that find cheaper alternatives, but in any case everyone, and I mean everyone, takes Half+ August off around here.
More or less the same in Israel, only here the "hot spots" are mainly Turkey, Greece and India
Well, I signed up today (no trouble connecting whatsoever, maybe nobody wants to play WoW but me...hehe) and I want to wish all fellow Lurkers who are trying to get into the Beta the best of luck. For those of you who do get chosen, if I don't, please provide directions to your home and a key for the front dooor. I also suggest you take a vacation. I am serious. :ph34r:

:)
Greetings

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
NuurAbSaal,Jul 5 2004, 03:39 PM Wrote:For those of you who do get chosen, if I don't, please provide directions to your home and a key for the front dooor. I also suggest you take a vacation. I am serious.  :ph34r:
Well, I am taking a month off (10th Aug - 12th Sept +-) so if you want to pay the rent we may reach an agreement...
Quote:so if you want to pay the rent we may reach an agreement...

you do realise that I would "re-decorate" during server-downtime...

:lol:

Greetings

Nuur

I'll remember you.
Well, I am also suscribed to City of Heroes.

Now, if both servers went down at the same time... ;)
:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I'll remember you.
Best of lack to all us Europeans and may the biggest bank account win! :ph34r:
Walkiry,Jul 5 2004, 09:43 AM Wrote:*Stabs*

In the page where they ask what languages you speak I was able to choose "Brazilian" but not "Portuguese".

*Twitch*
I couldn't choose danish either, I had to choose 'other' *sniffs sadly*.

Good luck to you all, I am crossing my fingers and toes for us all. I just hope I can get untangled before the beta starts :)
And I couldn't choose Hebrew! Oh the agony!

Imagine the long term trauma such a thing will cause my poor and innocent soul, woe am I