Hell Damage
Hey all,

I was wondering how much damage and health I need for Hell Difficulty. I am only asking because i have a 72 durid that does 5k damage with fury(which means 5k x5) and alittle over 1500 health and he can barly do a Hell Andy run. I was thinkin I needed more Life Leech and i got some but it didnt help alot.....

Any Input will Help
Thanks Jakes-Element's
USWEST ----Rojo-Caliente >>ladder<<
Lvl -72 Durid
Lvl -24 Sorcress
A little more information would be helpful ...

Gear? Skills (OS or HoW, etc.)? Resistances?
What monsters are cooking your fur?

Also, this question should have been made in the Armory.
[Image: ThiefLogo.jpg]

"What cannot kill you, isn't worth fighting." - Anon.
Chameleon, The Lost Thief *Fades away into the darkness*
Jakes-Element,Jul 2 2004, 06: Wrote:I am only asking because i have a 72 durid that does 5k damage with fury(which means 5k x5) and alittle over 1500 health and he can barly do a Hell Andy run.
If you're still in a 1.09 rush in and lawnmower mindset, you'll get minced ;-)

1.10 rewards much more cautious play; drawing monsters off in small groups and taking them on in ones, twos, or however many your character can comfortably handle simultaneously with the monster regen. Prevent Monster Heal and poison damage both help here.

If you're two-handed (no block), this becomes even more relevant to prevent being swarmed and put into hit recovery whilst ranged attackers deplete your life.

Having said that if you've got as far as the catacombs I'd have thought you'd be ok; my sorceress gets pincushioned by quill rats and chased down by rogues as soon as she steps out into the blood moor. :)

Can't really offer much more advice without you being more specific, but I will note that your level is somewhere in the middle of the wide range of area levels in act 1; this means that some areas are going to feature apparently much harder to hit monsters than others due to the difference between your clvl and their mlvl. The catacomb levels are all close enough to your level for this not to be an issue, however.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Feral Rage
Chameleon,

These are my basic items and resists(in hell)
-Armor--Skulders Ire
-Weapon--Hell Slayer
-Gloves--Lava
-Boots--Gore Rider
-Resists-Light-25
-Fire-30
Ice-17
Pioson-55
^ ^ I probly need to get my Resists up and i better weapon but i was just wondering how much damage you all do and see if anyone could help me get better
Lvl -72 Durid
Lvl -24 Sorcress
I find that a sorceress serves me better when doing MF runs. I have yet to find a useful niche for werewolves... They are a slow killer (imo) and my old werewolf always got owned in pvp.
Does that mean someone else owns your werewolf? How is that possible? He's on *your* account, isn't he?
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[ Wrote:Angel,Jul 2 2004, 02:19 PM] Does that mean someone else owns your werewolf? How is that possible? He's on *your* account, isn't he?
ROFLMAO, OMG!!!111

:P
Definitely increase your resists if you can. Also, how much life do you have? 2K should be a comfortable amount for a WW in early hell.

You say you are lvl 72? If you are having trouble in hell, hit NM baal a few more times. At lvl 72-76 I usually leveled about once every 2-3 solo baal runs. If you can find big games to do them in, a few lvls can go by fast.

How much AR do you have? AR is often a concern for shapeshifters, and can be quite a stumbing block when entering hell diff.

IMHO hellslayer is not an optimal weapon for a druid; it's simply too slow. I prefer the speed of an IK maul, or perhaps a ribcraccker. I hope you at least have a shael in it. If not, put one in right away. When striking faster, you will put more enemies into hit recovery, and preventing their attacks. Even if you do less damage over time, it may be more useful to strike more quickly(especially with crushing blow gear).

And, as Obi2Kenobi pointed out, practice using feral rage. Charge up feral on the first monster in a group, switch to fury to kill the majority of the monsters, then hit the last few with feral again to maintain the chargeup. Repeat with each pack. Feral rage will not add it's AR/damage to Fury attacks, but the Lifesteal is transferred as long as you have the feral rage ball built up.

Proper feral rage use is one of the keys to playing a successful WW in hell.

PS: @[wcip]Angel *chuckle*
Hellslayer is the most useless weapon in the game. BoneHews go free (or for like 3 pgs) these days, a dual-shaeled bonehew is infinitelly better than hellslayer.
There are two ways to not to die against monsters: Kill them before they hit you, and do not let them hit you. Sadly enough, 1.10 left most 2-hand weapons useless for most melee chars due to the improved monsters that don't die that easily and often drop the red ball long before you kill one.

Fury is as good as zeal for crowd control ;) , no wonder you don't see many 2-hand weapons on zealots. Forget the damage because you won't be able to kill them before they land some dozen hits on your puppy; get a good shield (faster and increased block, resists) and a pretty fast weapon (like bstar) and try to reach 4 FPS with it. You'll kill way faster and without worries about your puppy's health.
[Image: 37671-NicatorSig0326.jpg]

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Thanks Everyone :lol: i wil try all of these ways and see which one i like the best also( i didnt choose to use the Hellslayer it was the best item i had :unsure: anyway Thanks Again

--Jakes-Element--
Lvl -72 Durid
Lvl -24 Sorcress
Jakes-Element,Jul 3 2004, 02: Wrote:Thanks Everyone :lol: i wil try all of these ways and see which one i like the best also( i didnt choose to use the Hellslayer it was the best item i had :unsure: anyway Thanks Again

--Jakes-Element--
You just thought it was the best. You could prolly gamble a better rare and upgrade it. Really, in 1.10 speed is everything. Noticed this with a whirler most poignantly. from 8 to 6 to 4 frame whirl, the diference was staggering.
For wolves, IK Maul + boots/belts/gloves gives pretty damn nice partial setbonuses. Also the upgraded ribcracker is insanely good. You could also try the good old Buriza.
Between yourself and the bear and merc, hopefully boosted by spirit, I don't really see how you would be having too big troubles.
Still many people seem to be bemoaning, and not just Bnet pubies, heck if you found and read the LL you're prolly not totally clueless. Hmm. Maybe playing D2 since the beginning without any of the cruthces has really made me *that* good. :o Now wish I'd have invested that time to become good at something remotely useful, lol.

(yes I used to be here with a different name, that of then current, now x bf)

Aside note. A dual axe wielding barbie can get to 2 frame whirl according to the weaponspeed calculator. O.o Looking at the mods (DS, CB, OW and whatnot) in some of the newer elite 1handedaxes, or heck even butcher's pupils...this looks terribly effective.
I have this liking to playing charactertypes that the general public has deemed bad, ie. the whirler currently. Oh and speedazons (strafe). Just with some crush, a lucky rare circlet (with 20%IAS, combined with all the other IAS gear I managed to reach the holy 2 framer...bow is just an upgraded goldie...dunno if the upgrade is even worth it), and knockback, she seems to be pretty much as invincible as multizons ever were. Atma's takes care of PI's. :P

*rambleramble*

Question that's not very on topic, but whatever: Whirl doesn't seem to trigger % to cast on striking effects very often, or maybe not a all. Most obviously noted this when found the Bonehew, and when trying delirium on him. Since I haven't been reading the knwoledgebase lately, any updates? (strafa still triggers all kinds of niceness, heck even the low% AD from atma's sticks very fast due to the sheer amount of arrows flying at high speeds)

Possible plan for first new ladder char: Furizon, but just fury, not charged strike. And max strafe as well. (and valk, got to have the maxed valk ;) ) By hell when light immunes become more common, she should've found a decent bow (read fast with enough PhysDam to leech back the strafe costs). If only they'd remove that silly 3/4 nerf from strafe I'd be orgasmic. ;)

I
Heyho!

About strafe... I am not a rich guy, but I managed to put together a nice enough bowazon. I got a Windy as present, made myself a 133% ED 65 life (etc etc) armor, a delirium circlet, have 100% pierce... and hell is easy, but not the way I like it. Sure, one strafe guarantees that the monsters sttart hitting each other, but for crying out loud, I do an average 1k damage! Even if I have a handy fana-pala around, I cannot kill ANYTHING. With strafe. Frozen arrow, now that's a different matter; I wish I had a +6 melody matriarchal, I could really kill. At least in two-player games.

Were I to re-make my amazon, she'd be 20 FA with syn, 20 fury and 20 valk. Ok, maybe a 1pt strafe for leeches.
Maybe it's worth giving it a try... with a fast weapon, you can trigger it often, and that sort of guarantees your survival.
I hear about upgradeing....did i miss something. What is upgradeing and how do you do it <--feels like a newbie question
Lvl -72 Durid
Lvl -24 Sorcress
Upgrading means you can put some stuff in a horadric cube, transmute it, and out will come a higher level type of the weapon with all the same magic. Upgrades change normal weapons to exceptional, and exceptional to elite. Weapons keep the magic stats, but get higher damage and requirements.

Look on Arreat summits in the items section for more information.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Mer,Jul 3 2004, 01:09 AM Wrote:Question that's not very on topic, but whatever: Whirl doesn't seem to trigger % to cast on striking effects very often, or maybe not a all.
Not at all, I believe, in 1.10.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Indeed. No CTC effects of any kind will trigger while you're in a WW animation.
So the Upgrading requires Runes and Gems to upgrade an item ?
Lvl -72 Durid
Lvl -24 Sorcress